XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

nv edit help

Tip us?

TogaDuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question nv edit help

So I had issues with my phone not long after updating to 4.4.2 using the houseofmoto method (about a month or two) phone was randomly rebooting itself so I flashed 4.4.2 back onto my phone after unlocking the bootloader. Now I can't seem to get the NV edit to work to get gsm unlocked for use in the US. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried the cdma ws method and both of the radiocomm methods with no luck. pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.:con fused:

Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by TogaDuck View Post
So I had issues with my phone not long after updating to 4.4.2 using the houseofmoto method (about a month or two) phone was randomly rebooting itself so I flashed 4.4.2 back onto my phone after unlocking the bootloader. Now I can't seem to get the NV edit to work to get gsm unlocked for use in the US. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried the cdma ws method and both of the radiocomm methods with no luck. pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.:con fused:
Are you booting into Fastboot mode, and then from there rebooting into Factory mode, before attempting the edit? Also, are you letting the phone sit for about five minutes or so after the edit before rebooting?

Edit: you may get better luck with responses if you post directly in the GSM unlock threads, as there are already lots of people subscribed to those threads.
Droid 3 with XT883 radio.img
I occasionally draw comics
The Following User Says Thank You to 5318008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TogaDuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
In the past I've just booted directly to BP Tools mode and both of the how to guides say to boot into bp tools mode but I shall give your boot options a try.

Old
Thanks Meter 61
The CDMA Workshop method requires booting into BP Tools, but the RadioComm method requires booting into Factory mode.

I haven't tried the CDMA WS method, but the RadioComm method worked fine for me. In the introductory post, he mentions BP Tools, but only to say that it doesn't work with RadioComm, and that you need to boot into Factory mode instead.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2166542

TogaDuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
got it working using the cdma ws method. selected ap fastboot then rebooted to boot menu selected bp tools mode reapplied the edit and is now working.

Old
Thanks Meter 61
If it helps, here's the bit I was referencing from the intro post in the RadioComm thread. I highlighted the relevant bits in red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot View Post

(snip)

That method requires booting into BP Tools mode from the boot menu and loading the Qualcomm diagnostic device interfaces.
The problem is that there are no signed 64bit drivers available and you must force load the drivers on Win7/8 64 bit for the diagnostic port in order to see the device properly and have NV read/write access.
This has been a stumbling block for many users and makes the NV editing unnecessarily difficult.

This method uses Factory boot mode and allows RadioComm to have full diagnostic mode access via the Motorola USB Networking driver that loads normally with the standard USB driver set. I will demonstrate 2 different ways to perform the edit, one manual and one using a preconfigured SEEM table file that writes the value in a single operation.

(snip)
Glad you got it working though!
The Following User Says Thank You to 5318008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]