Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Please help a n00b...

OP immadeofpixels27

24th August 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
I was trying to install Cyanogenmod on my razr m running rooted and unlocked 4.4.2 and used flashify to build a flash que of cm stable build dated 7/8/14 and Gapps. Decided against using flashify and booted into recovery without clearing the que in flashify first (assumed it wouldnt actually do anything until i pressed a button... but apparently it actually built a que that twrp used when it booted and this resulted in bootloop. I managed to get into recovery and did a full wipe/reset. then installed same rom and apps again. Bootloop. I've tried using adb to push the cm 8/23/14 nightly build but it doesnt seem to be working. also tried flashing stock 4.4.2 boot.img out of curiosity but got an error "no boot partition found" is there anything i can do to fix this? or am i stuck buying a new phone with a good year left on my existing contract?
24th August 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 254

680 posts
Just grab the stock 4.4.2 firmware from here and then grab rsd lite (google it) and use it to flash stock... Let us know if you have any errors and we'll address them...

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Thanks for the stock rom, but when i tried this method rsd lite didn't recognize my device.
25th August 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 254

680 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by immadeofpixels27

Thanks for the stock rom, but when i tried this method rsd lite didn't recognize my device.

What do you mean it didn't recognize the device? Like is the start button grayed out as if its not plugged in or like all the status's say n/a? Do you need further assistance with it or is you phone up n running? We are more then willing to help...

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
I actually have gotten it working again but my parents wound up using the insurance policy for it anyway so it looks like i'll be rooting again soon lol. Thanks for the help
29th August 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Okay I got the replacement phone and have it rooted. Over this weekend I plan on unlocking the bootloader and having another go at CM

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread