Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Few questions about Razr M

OP terminator1983

20th July 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #1  
terminator1983's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I am new to Razr m i have a few question.


1. Is my device bootloader unlocked

In Fastboot I can see
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

2. Are there any files of razr M that i have to backup first before attempting Unlock and root. I have S4 before buying razr M as my second devices in which i had to backup the efs partitions so that's why i need to know if some backup of razr M is needed.

3.Whats the latest official firmware of Razr M. Currently my device is on 4.1.2.


Thanks
20th July 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator1983

I am new to Razr m i have a few question.


1. Is my device bootloader unlocked

In Fastboot I can see
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

2. Are there any files of razr M that i have to backup first before attempting Unlock and root. I have S4 before buying razr M as my second devices in which i had to backup the efs partitions so that's why i need to know if some backup of razr M is needed.

3.Whats the latest official firmware of Razr M. Currently my device is on 4.1.2.


Thanks

No the M is on 4.4.2 now upgrade via ota if you can... The devices is not boot loader unlocked if it says that but you can unlock the boot loader if you upgrade it to 4.4.2... And no you shouldn't have to back anything up if you ever wanna go back to stock there's always rsd lite...if you need help finding all the links let me know there posted everywhere around here...if the ota fails let us know

Edit: I went ahead and grabbed all the links for you twrp for our device. root method for 4.4.2 Motopocalypse app for unlocking the boot loader

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by ezknives; 20th July 2014 at 08:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #3  
mrkhigh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
777 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
What he said except once boot loader unlocked there is no going back on that..

You can flash over the startup screen to give the appearance of not having it unlocked though

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd July 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #4  
terminator1983's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

No the M is on 4.4.2 now upgrade via ota if you can... The devices is not boot loader unlocked if it says that but you can unlock the boot loader if you upgrade it to 4.4.2... And no you shouldn't have to back anything up if you ever wanna go back to stock there's always rsd lite...if you need help finding all the links let me know there posted everywhere around here...if the ota fails let us know

Edit: I went ahead and grabbed all the links for you twrp for our device. root method for 4.4.2 Motopocalypse app for unlocking the boot loader

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How is 4.4.2 update compared to 4.1 because I have read some bad things about 4.4 update like poor battery life. Should I unlock the bootloader first and then update or unlock it after update.

Which custom rom u would recommend to use as daily driver for better performance.

Sent from my GT-I9505
22nd July 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #5  
mrkhigh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
777 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
You have to update to unlock the boot loader and yes my battery life took a significant hit. I installed app ops and then disabled allot of the security location and keep awake items and battery life was alright again. No idea if there is a good choice for a 4.4 rom on this device yet but cm11 is getting close.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrkhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 4
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator1983

How is 4.4.2 update compared to 4.1 because I have read some bad things about 4.4 update like poor battery life. Should I unlock the bootloader first and then update or unlock it after update.

Which custom rom u would recommend to use as daily driver for better performance.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Absolutely unlock the bootloader, absolutely upgrade to 4.4.2 , before the 4.4.4 update is live to all phones. If it is already available for you, manually flash 4.4.2 and use motopocolpyse to unlock the bootloader. You might never get the chance to unlock your boot loader again.


youtube .com /watch?v=vBUaQ8Kpji4
video guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrankCallPimp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #7  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrankCallPimp

Absolutely unlock the bootloader, absolutely upgrade to 4.4.2 , before the 4.4.4 update is live to all phones. If it is already available for you, manually flash 4.4.2 and use motopocolpyse to unlock the bootloader. You might never get the chance to unlock your boot loader again.


youtube .com /watch?v=vBUaQ8Kpji4
video guide.

So there pushing 4.4.4 to the M... Where did you read this at... I was under the impression that the next ota was just going to be bug fixes and a security patch to block the root and unlock method

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes