Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] I just rooted my M, is it safe to install Xposed on the stock rom?

OP notdeadyet01

13th July 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #1  
notdeadyet01's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
So this is not my first rooted device but it is my first time rooting my Razr M since it got upgraded to Kit Kat. It is also my first time installing Xposed so some help would be appreciated.
14th July 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Yes is safe to install xposed... here is a nice collection of modules ... Be sure to unlock your boot loader before the next ota is pushed as when the next ota comes we may not be lucky enough to find a root method...
Last edited by ezknives; 14th July 2014 at 12:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #3  
notdeadyet01's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

Yes is safe to install xposed... But be sure to unlock your boot loader before the next ota is pushed as when the next ota comes we may not be lucky enough to find a root method...

Is unlocking the bootloader necessary if i don't plan on installing any custom roms? If i needed to return to stock i could just use RSD right?
14th July 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #4  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet01

Is unlocking the bootloader necessary if i don't plan on installing any custom roms? If i needed to return to stock i could just use RSD right?

When the next ota update comes you will lose root and if there isn't a root exploit for that version with an unlocked BL you can always flash SuperSU via recovery and get root back... And yes rsd is an option to return to stock to accept the next ota

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #5  
notdeadyet01's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

When the next ota update comes you will lose root and if there isn't a root exploit for that version with an unlocked BL you can always flash SuperSU via recovery and get root back... And yes rsd is an option to return to stock to accept the next ota

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Alright. Thanks for the help.

But just to make sure, unlocking the bootloader is not necessary for Xposed right?
14th July 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #6  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Correct.... But is strongly recommend

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #7  
notdeadyet01's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

Correct.... But is strongly recommend

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Alright, i'm assuming that motochopper is still the best option to unlock the bootloader right?
14th July 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #8  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Use the Motopocalypse app

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th July 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #9  
notdeadyet01's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

Use the Motopocalypse app

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Got it. Thanks for all the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to notdeadyet01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet01

So this is not my first rooted device but it is my first time rooting my Razr M since it got upgraded to Kit Kat. It is also my first time installing Xposed so some help would be appreciated.

good luck and enjoy. it's safe. i rooted and unloacked my razr m after the KK update, and installed xposed for the first time. its great - some of the modules make my life so much easier.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes