5,814,720 Members 52,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I just rooted my M, is it safe to install Xposed on the stock rom?

Tip us?

notdeadyet01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default [Q] I just rooted my M, is it safe to install Xposed on the stock rom?

So this is not my first rooted device but it is my first time rooting my Razr M since it got upgraded to Kit Kat. It is also my first time installing Xposed so some help would be appreciated.

ezknives
Old
(Last edited by ezknives; 13th July 2014 at 11:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 236
Yes is safe to install xposed... here is a nice collection of modules ... Be sure to unlock your boot loader before the next ota is pushed as when the next ota comes we may not be lucky enough to find a root method...
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notdeadyet01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives View Post
Yes is safe to install xposed... But be sure to unlock your boot loader before the next ota is pushed as when the next ota comes we may not be lucky enough to find a root method...
Is unlocking the bootloader necessary if i don't plan on installing any custom roms? If i needed to return to stock i could just use RSD right?

ezknives
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet01 View Post
Is unlocking the bootloader necessary if i don't plan on installing any custom roms? If i needed to return to stock i could just use RSD right?
When the next ota update comes you will lose root and if there isn't a root exploit for that version with an unlocked BL you can always flash SuperSU via recovery and get root back... And yes rsd is an option to return to stock to accept the next ota

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notdeadyet01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
When the next ota update comes you will lose root and if there isn't a root exploit for that version with an unlocked BL you can always flash SuperSU via recovery and get root back... And yes rsd is an option to return to stock to accept the next ota

Alright. Thanks for the help.

But just to make sure, unlocking the bootloader is not necessary for Xposed right?

ezknives
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Correct.... But is strongly recommend

notdeadyet01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Correct.... But is strongly recommend

Alright, i'm assuming that motochopper is still the best option to unlock the bootloader right?

ezknives
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Use the Motopocalypse app

notdeadyet01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Use the Motopocalypse app

Got it. Thanks for all the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to notdeadyet01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stras1234
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet01 View Post
So this is not my first rooted device but it is my first time rooting my Razr M since it got upgraded to Kit Kat. It is also my first time installing Xposed so some help would be appreciated.
good luck and enjoy. it's safe. i rooted and unloacked my razr m after the KK update, and installed xposed for the first time. its great - some of the modules make my life so much easier.