FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

Network Selection Mode

Thanks Meter: 21

By akkay1, Senior Member on 30th October 2014, 06:04 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Dear All,

I have MOTO Razr Droid M and I am not able to select 3G only mode in it. As in other android phones we have
2G
3G
2G/3G Prederred
-----------------------
or
-----------------------
GSM
WCDMA
GSM/WCDMA Preferred or something like that.

However, in Moto Droid Razr M we have below options
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS
Global

Now the question is I want to use 3G only, and phone is from Verizon and I am in pakistan my sim is working and I am able to make calls but is there any way to connect to only 3G networks just like in other phones?

Because here in my area I am receiving full reception of 2G network and about 70% strength of 3G network. When I select preferred mode that the phone normally select 2G because of better reception. I used LG mobile earlier in which I used to dial *#*#4636#*#* and than I select WCDMA only mode. But the same string is unable to be dialed on Moto Droid Razr M. I have searched and found no luck so I made the thread. Please help I hope somebody know what I am asking.

31st October 2014, 01:18 AM |#2  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 1,023

More
Hmm, what I'm thinking is you could flash any AOSP-based custom ROM and then *#*#4636#*#* will be available for use. I used that often because I need to switch between WCDMA and CDMA2000 SIMs.
If that's too much for you, try an app called "Hidden Menu" first, it should give you access to the 4636 menu. Whether the option's there and whether it's working are unknown, though.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13 lacks Signature function - do not update]
31st October 2014, 01:59 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 238

More
I have xposed installed and APM+ plugin. This allows you to lock in 3g

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread