21st August 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag La Grande
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

Are you using the stock 4.4.2 firmware from here [/URL]?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Yeah that's the file I found. Now I don't know what update the customer was on when the device quit, but I figured if I tried the newest one it would work. Also in my RDS lite screen under device properties all of the status's say N/A is that right? and under device list it is coming up as fastboot SMQ S. Does any of that seem odd? I'm going to try and download device drivers again.
21st August 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 254

680 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Karas

Yeah that's the file I found. Now I don't know what update the customer was on when the device quit, but I figured if I tried the newest one it would work. Also in my RDS lite screen under device properties all of the status's say N/A is that right? and under device list it is coming up as fastboot SMQ S. Does any of that seem odd? I'm going to try and download device drivers again.

that looks right... the only topic I was able to find makes it sound like their trying to flash an older version... But here lately that's been giving the getvar error... Let us know

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag La Grande
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

that looks right... the only topic I was able to find makes it sound like their trying to flash an older version... But here lately that's been giving the getvar error... Let us know

OK so I tried updating the drivers, that didn't work. It's still giving me the same error. The getvar error I was getting at first so I tried a different os rom and that's when I got the GPT.bin error and now the phone will only boot to the fastboot menu and the reason its giving me is "sticky bit factory_fastboot" so IDK what to do now
21st August 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,800

1,351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Karas

OK so I tried updating the drivers, that didn't work. It's still giving me the same error. The getvar error I was getting at first so I tried a different os rom and that's when I got the GPT.bin error and now the phone will only boot to the fastboot menu and the reason its giving me is "sticky bit factory_fastboot" so IDK what to do now

You cant downgrade with a locked bootloader. You must use 183.46.10.

1. Open up the 183.46.10 sbf zip
2. Then open the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml with Notepad++ and erase:
Code:
<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
3. Save and close
4. Retry flashing with RSD lite
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 474

1,313 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbilal

i put my device in fastboot by pressing and holding both the volume + power button and select AP Fastboot
i can also put my device on recovery
when my device is in AP Fastboot mode PC recognize it but RSD lite won't
what should i do now?

Are you sure it's not recognizing it? My phone info didn't show up the last time I used RSD, it just showed that something was connected.

Sent from your Mom's M8
22nd August 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong

Are you sure it's not recognizing it? My phone info didn't show up the last time I used RSD, it just showed that something was connected.

Sent from your Mom's M8

Ya i m sure i use matts utility it didnt work
24th August 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 60

358 posts
im pretty sure you have to delete the< GPT sentence> with notepad, thats what i did, and tz or tg sentence also. flashed my international version to ics verizon, no network, so i flashed back to international retail

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbilal

Ya i m sure i use matts utility it didnt work

uninstall all your motorola stuff

download

motocast
27th August 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by For_itembine

im pretty sure you have to delete the< GPT sentence> with notepad, thats what i did, and tz or tg sentence also. flashed my international version to ics verizon, no network, so i flashed back to international retail

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

uninstall all your motorola stuff

download

motocast

it worked
thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread