Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XT907 verizon doesn't want to flash stock Rom using RDS lite

Tip us?

Dark Karas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives View Post
Are you using the stock 4.4.2 firmware from here [/URL]?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.
Yeah that's the file I found. Now I don't know what update the customer was on when the device quit, but I figured if I tried the newest one it would work. Also in my RDS lite screen under device properties all of the status's say N/A is that right? and under device list it is coming up as fastboot SMQ S. Does any of that seem odd? I'm going to try and download device drivers again.

ezknives
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Karas View Post
Yeah that's the file I found. Now I don't know what update the customer was on when the device quit, but I figured if I tried the newest one it would work. Also in my RDS lite screen under device properties all of the status's say N/A is that right? and under device list it is coming up as fastboot SMQ S. Does any of that seem odd? I'm going to try and download device drivers again.
that looks right... the only topic I was able to find makes it sound like their trying to flash an older version... But here lately that's been giving the getvar error... Let us know

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dark Karas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives View Post
that looks right... the only topic I was able to find makes it sound like their trying to flash an older version... But here lately that's been giving the getvar error... Let us know

OK so I tried updating the drivers, that didn't work. It's still giving me the same error. The getvar error I was getting at first so I tried a different os rom and that's when I got the GPT.bin error and now the phone will only boot to the fastboot menu and the reason its giving me is "sticky bit factory_fastboot" so IDK what to do now

ATTACK
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Karas View Post
OK so I tried updating the drivers, that didn't work. It's still giving me the same error. The getvar error I was getting at first so I tried a different os rom and that's when I got the GPT.bin error and now the phone will only boot to the fastboot menu and the reason its giving me is "sticky bit factory_fastboot" so IDK what to do now
You cant downgrade with a locked bootloader. You must use 183.46.10.

1. Open up the 183.46.10 sbf zip
2. Then open the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml with Notepad++ and erase:
Code:
<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
3. Save and close
4. Retry flashing with RSD lite
SCORPION MINI
AOSPIFIED 4.4.2
DEV-HOST
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbilal View Post
i put my device in fastboot by pressing and holding both the volume + power button and select AP Fastboot
i can also put my device on recovery
when my device is in AP Fastboot mode PC recognize it but RSD lite won't
what should i do now?
Are you sure it's not recognizing it? My phone info didn't show up the last time I used RSD, it just showed that something was connected.

Sent from your Mom's M8

Coolbilal
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Are you sure it's not recognizing it? My phone info didn't show up the last time I used RSD, it just showed that something was connected.

Sent from your Mom's M8
Ya i m sure i use matts utility it didnt work

For_itembine
Old
Thanks Meter 60
im pretty sure you have to delete the< GPT sentence> with notepad, thats what i did, and tz or tg sentence also. flashed my international version to ics verizon, no network, so i flashed back to international retail

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbilal View Post
Ya i m sure i use matts utility it didnt work
uninstall all your motorola stuff

download

motocast

Coolbilal
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by For_itembine View Post
im pretty sure you have to delete the< GPT sentence> with notepad, thats what i did, and tz or tg sentence also. flashed my international version to ics verizon, no network, so i flashed back to international retail

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

uninstall all your motorola stuff

download

motocast
it worked
thanks