OP brkahughes

15th December 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 311

309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyasamoah

Nice tool. But I have a question.
Is this reversible ?? I mean downgrading back to 4.0.4?

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

AFAIK, trying to downgrade your firmware is the only way to permanently brick your phone! Once the locked bootloader is upgraded by an OEM flash file, it is designed to not allow a return to an earlier version. Sorry, many people have tried. [emoji19]

- Brian
"It works! It works! I finally invent something that works!" -Dr. Emmet Brown

The Following User Says Thank You to brkahughes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member

309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaslopis

So I had my 912 rooted with the latest ss.. Running a KK rom on slot 1. Noticed it was a tad laggy and someone on xda said it's better to install it on the stock slot. So I made a full nandroid backup from slot 1 and factory wiped the stock slot, because I don't want the stock rom.. I restored the nandroid onto stock slot and on reboot, right after the motorola symbol, it just stays black.. So I have a brick. Back to the forums and found this thread, AWESOME! But it's been a long time since I tried using any of these tools..

I downloaded the utility and from there, I'm kinda lost on what setting I need to have my phone on to have the windows utility do it's thing, as advertised. Can a brother get a little help around here? As soon as i open the utility it says push any key to start it and when I do the windows just closes.

EDIT: Since the windows utility closes immediately after I hit any button, I noticed some dialog pops up on before it shuts down, so I took a print screen capture and turns out it says "WINDOWSUTILITY.BAT WAS UNEXPECTED AT THIS TIME."

EDIT EDIT: Never mind, for some reason the utility wasn't running on my laptop and I gave it a shot on the desktop and it worked great.. Not sure what that was about. All I know is that the file wasn't ending in .bat format on my laptop. Resolved my own problem..

wot.

Sorry I haven't been monitoring this thread (or any other) much recently. IDK why the utility wouldn't run on your laptop... What version of Windows was it running? I've only tested on XP and Windows 7, i don't know if there would be a problem with Windows 8.

Maybe I should look into creating a bootable CD like 1KDS did for the Droid x..

- Brian

Last edited by brkahughes; 15th December 2014 at 01:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brkahughes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #33  
Flag Riverside
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkahughes

Sorry I haven't been monitoring this thread (or any other) much recently. IDK why the utility wouldn't run on your laptop... What version of Windows was it running? I've only tested on XP and Windows 7, i don't know if there would be a problem with Windows 8.

Maybe I should look into creating a bootable CD like 1KDS did for the Droid x..

- Brian

It was on a Windows 7 laptop. Perhaps there was a setting on it that was messing it up?

Also, SS 3.75 is available now. Not sure if you would have the time to implement it into this neat little tool you made. Thank you for your work.
16th December 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #34  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 167

747 posts
More
Quote:

It was on a Windows 7 laptop. Perhaps there was a setting on it that was messing it up?

Also, SS 3.75 is available now. Not sure if you would have the time to implement it into this neat little tool you made. Thank you for your work.

You could just replace the new SS with the old one from the utility.
Just make sure u name the new SS with same name the old SS had and u would be good to go.

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app
16th December 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member

309 posts
Quote:

I was thinking of it, but 3.75 is still alpha. (I love the fact that alpha Android software tends to be more reliable than a Microsoft new product release!)

I'm starting to look into that bootable 'nix live CD idea, if I roll one out before @stargo releases a stable Safestrap, I'll probably give a choice on which to install.

- Brian
"Whatever happens... happens." -Spike Spiegel
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread