DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean UPDATED

OP brkahughes

3rd January 2015, 12:04 AM   |  #41  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 30

97 posts
More
It's an XT912. Verizon

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

I would suppose that is the right method but the thing is the utility doesn't flash the Stock ROM (neither option 1 nor 2) it gives out a "preflash validation failed" message while writing recovery and "preinstall.img" and then when it completes and says Mobile will reboot after Radio install the screen goes black "M" motorola icon and then poof... Back to fastboot with flash failed message and all.

""
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.77
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode: USB Connected
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB(CG: system, status: 0X0056)
Invalid CG OTV(CG: system)""
3rd January 2015, 05:40 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 75

121 posts
Try RSD-Lite that brkahughes has included with utility, open cdma_spyder_9.8.2O-72_VZW-16-5_cfc.xml & write to razr.
The Following User Says Thank You to crackerjack1957 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2015, 12:27 PM   |  #43  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 30

97 posts
More
Tried that and then the new one also
3rd January 2015, 06:29 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 75

121 posts
Only 3 things left, cable (need to be using 1 that came with or data cable), computer (have you ever flashed with this cp before), & phone (bricked beyond repair).

Bad:
Computers running win8 & 8.1
Usb3 ports

Good:
Win7, usb2 & Rsd-lite 5.7 have solved issues.
WinXP with latest Motorola Drivers
Last edited by crackerjack1957; 4th January 2015 at 08:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to crackerjack1957 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2015, 01:42 AM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 37

81 posts
For people having problems in window 8/8.1. Righ click all .exe files in RAZR utility directory and choose properties. In compatibility tab choos e windows 7 and run as admin. I couldn't get root and it froze until I did this.gluck
The Following User Says Thank You to ax562 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2015, 04:09 AM   |  #46  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 321

320 posts
I apologize for my absence, and thank those who have stepped in to help! I have been working on a live-CD version to eliminate windows problems, but my wife has been in and out of the hospital; now last week I was diagnosed with a bladder mass. This is the big "C's" second attempt on me, I beat a brain tumor almost five years ago: so I expect to be back to hacking as soon as this blows over.

- Brian
"Whatever happens... happens." -Spike Spiegel
The Following User Says Thank You to brkahughes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2015, 01:13 AM   |  #47  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
Was just curious, the Spring 2014 OTA - If you've been running a custom ROM since then and did not get that OTA, would your device be affected in any way?

Also, I forget (as my laptop that had the original version of mattlgroff's util on it died recently) - does the utility come with the latest OTA Stock ROM files included or would those have to be located and downloaded separately?
24th January 2015, 04:15 AM   |  #48  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 321

320 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoramasay

Was just curious, the Spring 2014 OTA - If you've been running a custom ROM since then and did not get that OTA, would your device be affected in any way?

Also, I forget (as my laptop that had the original version of mattlgroff's util on it died recently) - does the utility come with the latest OTA Stock ROM files included or would those have to be located and downloaded separately?

The spring 2014 OTA included a number of small bugfixes, as well as some updated radio files. While you can run either, I recommend the latest version, as the radio files can affect performance even when on a custom ROM.

The original Matt's utility contained the 98.72.16 Jellybean (original), and Safestrap 3.11. I updated the utility to the spring release of 98.72.165, and Safestrap 3.73. You can find it in the OP of this thread (hint: it's in my SIG).

Next on the burner is a bootable live-CD version including a choice of Safestrap 3.73 or 3.75 (for those who want to play with Lollipop).

- Brian
"Whatever happens... happens." -Spike Spiegel
24th January 2015, 04:25 AM   |  #49  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
Thanks! I'll probably be downloading the updated util tonight so I can re-flash my phone back to stock and re-root. I've been hitting a "Error executing bianary updater in zip" when trying to flash CM11 to Stock (have it currently running on Rom Slot 1 but want to get it in Stock to have all of the space on my phone available).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread