Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any smooth and fast ROM?

Tip us?

MauriceFdo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Any smooth and fast ROM?

Hi. Sorry for my bad English.

Can someone tell me his experience with Roms? (Please) I'm lookin for a good, fast, stable and smooth ROM. I don't care the version. It can be GB, ICS, JB or KK. I want it faster and stable. I have tried carbon, slim, smooth, miui.... And others.... And all of them turns lag after a week of use. I'm on MIUI right now and its eye candy but very lag.

Will be useful to make a pool or a category list of fast roms to lag but eyecandy. We love Roms with a lot of new stuff and features but we really need a stable and daily driver rom and the stock ROM is lag too.

Thank you!

welder73
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceFdo View Post

Can someone tell me his experience with Roms? (Please) I'm lookin for a good, fast, stable and smooth ROM. I don't care the version. It can be GB, ICS, JB or KK. I want it faster and stable. I have tried carbon, slim, smooth, miui.... And others.... And all of them turns lag after a week of use. I'm on MIUI right now and its eye candy but very lag.

Will be useful to make a pool or a category list of fast roms to lag but eyecandy. We love Roms with a lot of new stuff and features but we really need a stable and daily driver rom and the stock ROM is lag too.

Thank you!
Try Gummy or Axxion.

Sent from my Razr XT910
System 1- 07/06 Liquidsmooth 3.1 OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL
System 2- Nothing yet...

Sorry for my english

JB stock center clock,circle battery,more reboot options... (Update)
The Following User Says Thank You to welder73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Decon1
Old
(Last edited by Decon1; 13th September 2014 at 02:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:

Thank you!
+1 - Agree with Welder!

For JB, my go to....try the Aviator series: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...ailable-071013 There are actually 3 ROMS AOKP, Cyanogen and Gummy. I like the AOKP as Gapps is built in. I have this as a backup on my DD.
Decon

RAZR MAXX - XT912 Verizon => Rooted & SS 3.73 - Slot-1: AXXION 1.6.0 + Moto X Cam
RAZR - XT912 Tester => Rooted & SS 3.73 - Rotating Slot-1: PAC Nightlies - Slot-2: BifTor

Super_Luddite
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:

Thank you!
If al of your ROMS start getting 'laggy' after about a week of use, maybe you should look into Greenify, or not downloading some apps. You might have a lot of processes running in the background that might be making it 'laggy' because our phones only have 1gig of memory (which actually isn't a bad thing, but still).

Of all KK ROMS that I've been using in the past 3-4 months, I haven't had any issues with lagging. Maybe some FCing, but from my own mistake of trying to tinker with them too much (kernel settings). I would look into cleaning up your PHONE first, THEN look into finding your 'perfect' ROM because everybody is going to have their own opinion on what ROM is best. I, too, have used Carbon (now), Slim, LS, Cyan, Axxiom, and a few others, and they all work great (IMHO). Do your reading. Look at what people are saying. Support your favorite dev.
The Following User Says Thank You to Super_Luddite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kvarga
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm using ParanoidAndroid for 2-3 months. I didn't do clean install only in the begginning. Installed stable OTAs, and some beta OTAs too. I didn't notice any lag or problem.
There were some problems with some versions, but if you wait 3-4 days after every release and check the forums for any complains, you skip the problematic version and you will be fine.

Sent from XT910 running AOSPAL

MauriceFdo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm using axiom and like it, it's fast and smooth. I'll try greenify too. Really liked miui but it's so lag. I don't want to tweak kernel, I'm afraid with that :P going to try this ROM for a while and I'll let you know what happens. Thank you.

Decon1
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm using axiom and like it, it's fast and smooth. I'll try greenify too. Really liked miui but it's so lag. I don't want to tweak kernel, I'm afraid with that :P going to try this ROM for a while and I'll let you know what happens. Thank you.
I don't think that's a bad choice...AXXION, version 1.6.0 will be out today-ish. I would wait to see how that works. The Devs added a ton of stuff and there was a total Re-Do. Might be a Bug or Two crashing around I am totally enjoying Gummy! Lots of good stuff for us lucky users!
Decon

RAZR MAXX - XT912 Verizon => Rooted & SS 3.73 - Slot-1: AXXION 1.6.0 + Moto X Cam
RAZR - XT912 Tester => Rooted & SS 3.73 - Rotating Slot-1: PAC Nightlies - Slot-2: BifTor

Bobcus Leper
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Paranoid android is Extremely smooth and snappy.

siracuervo
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Lol guys thanks for recommending us!!!!!!! THANKSS!!! @MauriceFdo I am de Axxion founder along @ThatKawaiiGuy. We are glad to hear that!
AxxionKat Chief with @ThatKawaiiGuy The best ROM! Join the community for more information!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siracuervo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThatKawaiiGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,529

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by siracuervo View Post
Lol guys thanks for recommending us!!!!!!! THANKSS!!! @MauriceFdo I am de Axxion founder along @ThatKawaiiGuy. We are glad to hear that!
Axxion is built with Linaro 4.9, so it's smooth and fast.
It also looks very nice with Crimson Mode
AxxionKat Co-Founder with @siracuervo (Crimson Mode ftw :3) Join the G+ community for more information!!