South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Reactions: alexneo2003

inadroidly

Apr 12, 2016
recovery, red robot, refresh

Recovery does not give me the chance to reach the factory reset option: after watching the progress bar stretch across the screen a while, the Android Robot keels over underneath the red exclamatory triangle.

your power button isn't sticking?

Not that I can tell. I mean, it responds without delay and in the usual ways when I press it, depress and hold in combination with volume keys, etc. How might I confirm a sticky power button, sd_shadow?

next I would replace the battery, but could be some kind of other hardware failure

Does the recovery mode failure change your thinking about the nature of the failure (i.e., hardware vs. software)?

In any event, if some day I do get around to a second battery refresh, I will gratefully post the results.

Thank you for your guidance, sd_shadow!

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Recovery does not give me the chance to reach the factory reset option: after watching the progress bar stretch across the screen a while, the Android Robot keels over underneath the red exclamatory triangle.

Not that I can tell. I mean, it responds without delay and in the usual ways when I press it, depress and hold in combination with volume keys, etc. How might I confirm a sticky power button, sd_shadow?

Does the recovery mode failure change your thinking about the nature of the failure (i.e., hardware vs. software)?

In any event, if some day I do get around to a second battery refresh, I will gratefully post the results.

Thank you for your guidance, sd_shadow!
did you follow?
http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-103918/

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Labs

alexneo2003

Sep 16, 2013
Could be a bad battery
probably it was on a shelf for the last 4 years or so
try these battery apps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newagetools.batcalibra
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newagetools.batdoc
Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Labs
Hi
I tried these programs - did not help things still :(
I would ask , once saw an article which has been described by way of using the terminal to match a battery voltage and the value of the indicator .
eg,
4200 mV --> 100%
4100 mV --> 90%
---//---
3400 mV --> 0%

You do not know this ?

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hi
I tried these programs - did not help things still :(
I would ask , once saw an article which has been described by way of using the terminal to match a battery voltage and the value of the indicator .
eg,
4200 mV --> 100%
4100 mV --> 90%
---//---
3400 mV --> 0%

You do not know this ?
yes I'm guessing that the battery is bad

inadroidly

Apr 12, 2016
recover redux

Whoops -- no, I had only known about the "recovery" option available from the AP/BP flashing pathway.

Following VZW's instructions got me all the way to the "welcome" language set-up screen. Tapping "start" set me pulled up the "please wait, this may take a few moments" dialog box -- but the unit again slips into power-cycle looping :(

I feel like I still lack even the simplest of insights into whether the problem lies in the hardware or in the software. Frustrating!

In any event, sd_shadow, thank you for your patience and persistence. So much to learn ...

inadroidly

Apr 12, 2016
new pack, old punk

Welp, swapping in a new battery has not made a whit of difference to the mysterious rebooting.

I'll put it through its paces, re-starting in a bunch of different ways (AP flash, Motorola recovery), but it seems -- despite everything else about the device still working perfectly well -- i must move on. Frustrating.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Welp, swapping in a new battery has not made a whit of difference to the mysterious rebooting.

I'll put it through its paces, re-starting in a bunch of different ways (AP flash, Motorola recovery), but it seems -- despite everything else about the device still working perfectly well -- i must move on. Frustrating.
stock recovery it pretty much worthless
updates only work one way, and current system must be the correct older version for the update.

Ryancit2

Apr 17, 2016
Hey guys i just wanted to ask something about my Droid RAZR XT912;

My droid RAZR have 1GB RAM but while checking the hardware info from a third party app i found out that my actual RAM is 800Mb. Maybe thats normal because my Hisense also have same RAM, 1GB and it shows usable 700Mb in third party app.

The actual issue is, my Droid RAZR have more usable RAM than that of hisense but still my Droid RAZR is way slower than hisense even I don't have a single app in Droid RAZR I just formatted it.

Can anyone tell me how to fix the issue please, any app or some other way?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA-Developers mobile app

lastwarning91

Jul 6, 2015
Question for CM13 on xt912

hello,
i have verizon xt912 i flashed it with safestraps to cm13 marshmallow with 4g working but i cannot get full internal storage of my phone it is 16 gb but i am getting is only 5 g.b usable i didnt wiped the stock rom slot once i did to retreive full storage but my phone was bricked like nothing was showing up even safestrap i think it was installed in the partition of stock rom slot so can some tell how can i properly flash or what can i do to retreive whole of the internal memory??? kindly give me step to step tutorial so ican get full 16 gb storage thanks,
while i used
800 mb for system
210 mb for cache and rest for Data about 7500 mb but only i get is 5 gb usable out of 8 gb for Data partition

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
hello,
i have verizon xt912 i flashed it with safestraps to cm13 marshmallow with 4g working but i cannot get full internal storage of my phone it is 16 gb but i am getting is only 5 g.b usable i didnt wiped the stock rom slot once i did to retreive full storage but my phone was bricked like nothing was showing up even safestrap i think it was installed in the partition of stock rom slot so can some tell how can i properly flash or what can i do to retreive whole of the internal memory??? kindly give me step to step tutorial so ican get full 16 gb storage thanks,
while i used
800 mb for system
210 mb for cache and rest for Data about 7500 mb but only i get is 5 gb usable out of 8 gb for Data partition
the 16 gb is shared between /system, /webtop, /preinstall, /cache, and /data partitions
these partition sizes cannot be changed

Sent from my KFFOWI using XDA Labs

lastwarning91

Jul 6, 2015
the 16 gb is shared between /system, /webtop, /preinstall, /cache, and /data partitions
these partition sizes cannot be changed

Sent from my KFFOWI using XDA Labs

i figured it out my usable 8 gb internal storage is eaten by safestrap due to which i am only getting 3 gb usable out of 8 gb

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.png
    2.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.png
    3.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.png
    4.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 39

slavikaz

Aug 14, 2008
Hi. I've been using XT910 for more than a year as my backup phone. Recently updated to CM13 it run even faster on it. The issue is Wifi signal is getting weaker and weaker on it. I had recently disassembled it to clear off the dust and bend contacts a bit. Issue did not fix itself but I had noticed there are two pigtails under the frame. I think I might try to use them to create something like additional antenna, but don't know which is which. Maybe somebody knows it?
Also maybe somebody could tell me which exactly are WiFi antenna contacts? I would try to fix it with some aluminium foil first

huzaifaaleem

Feb 5, 2015
Karachi
I came up on many threads and youtube videos that have guided on jumpstarting the battery once its been dead. On few of the many I have read that a new firmware must be flashed after the process. My question is that if I place a new battery in the phone, do I still have to reflash the firmware?
Thanks.

iwana2109

Oct 18, 2009
Java
hi,is there's a way to makes live display working on umts_spyder 5.x.x based rom,I've test many rom's and only marshmallow based that have working live display but it's sluggish,
thanks in advance

didoussa

Jul 29, 2016
Plzzz help
i gave a xt912 motorola verizon i have problem that the phone can not read my sim card (gsm)
and i have instaled cm-13.0-20160317-SNAPSHOT-ZNH0EAO1RM-spyder.zip rom (6.0.1 android version) the problem still existe the can't read the sim card (i have a micro sim card)
help me plz

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Plzzz help
i gave a xt912 motorola verizon i have problem that the phone can not read my sim card (gsm)
and i have instaled cm-13.0-20160317-SNAPSHOT-ZNH0EAO1RM-spyder.zip rom (6.0.1 android version) the problem still existe the can't read the sim card (i have a micro sim card)
help me plz
I believe there was some discussion about that in the cm13 thread

Sent from my DROID Turbo using XDA Labs

didoussa

Jul 29, 2016
I believe there was some discussion about that in the cm13 thread

Sent from my DROID Turbo using XDA Labs
sorry friend can you help me plz
show me how ?
i can't understand english very well ...... just give me the final solution of my problem if it exist

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

i just wan't my phone read the sim card ... no mater what version i use just read the gsm sim card

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
sorry friend can you help me plz
show me how ?
i can't understand english very well ...... just give me the final solution of my problem if it exist

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

i just wan't my phone read the sim card ... no mater what version i use just read the gsm sim card
Sorry, why would a cdma based phone work with a gsm sim card?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Motorola Droid
    Razr
    [XT908, XT909, XT910, XT912]

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to This Device
    redLine.png
    List of supporters
    @sd_shadow
    @welder73
    ...​

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread.

Supporters:If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please Provide as much of the following Information you can, with Your Question
    • If custom Rom: name with complete filename.
    • If stock: System version
    • If the device is stuck in AP Fastboot, post complete text on the screen.
    • Any Mods you are using
    • If you are using Safestrap, rom slot using
    • If you used any guide, link to the guide
    • Root status
    • Carrier/CDMA/GSM
    • Your exact problem
    • Any method you tried that failed
    • Any other detail you think would be necessary
    • If you do not include the information, it will be the first thing I ask.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread.
    You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.
    [/SIZE]

Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Yeah I know I can do that, but I'm lazy lol.. Plus I'm never quite sure what all I can remove without breaking things.. ?

Hi,

You can paste this line into your build.prop to disable all radio functions. Your device will effectively be a small tablet.:cool:

ro.radio.noril=yes
    Hey RAZR peeps! So I'm back to using my Verizon xt912 after my Note 2 killed itself.. I'm still not sure what happened there, it was playing music one minute, and stuck in a bootloop the next, tried to boot into recovery and got a bunch of messages about no eds, no cache, no file system blah blah blah..

Anyway, this old guy is in fine running shape, rooted, running safestrap, just switched to Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 (Marshmallow) yesterday and liking it so far.. But I just have a question for you guys.. Are there any ROMs out there that don't have the telephony/messaging related apps? I don't have an active phone account with any provider, and only use my device when I'm on Wi-Fi..

I know I can go through and disable/freeze/uninstall the system apps I don't use, but I just think it'd be nice to have a ROM specifically for Wi-Fi only devices.. It'd save on limited space and resources, and make for a smaller download.. It would be nice to still have Contacts to use with Wi-Fi text and calling apps though..

So does anybody know of a ROM like that or am I just wishing? Lol.

Alternatively would it be feasible or possible to have a ROM building website, kind of like Slax.org? Some site you could go to and pick and choose which modules you want and don't want, and then download a custom built ROM just for your device with all the essential and necessary system things included by default..

Any suggestions are appreciated, or just a discussion.. ? If there is a website like that already hit me with the linkage please.. Or if there's a website that has a good, thorough tutorial or guide to building a custom ROM, I'd like to hear about that too..

Either way, I'll be installing some other ROMs as I have time and energy, and look forward to seeing what's new in here since last time I visited!

Have a good day all!
    The:Dude
    I think that you can remove apps from the zip that you don't want and then flash it...
    • Custom Rom: cm-12.1-20151230-NIGHTLY-spyder.zip
    • Gapps: open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20160106.zip
    • Stock System version 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US
    • Safestrap 3.75: Slot 1 (System: 1GB, Data: 3.5GB, Cache: 1GB)
    • Root status: Rooted
    • Carrier/CDMA/GSM: XT912 CDMA

Hello, I've been trying for the past several days to figure out my GPS issue on the nightlies. The December nightly 30th, the GPS does not work for me in Androsensor (reports only network location available). If I use cm-12.1-20151114-NIGHTLY-spyder.zip the GPS works. Also, I've been trying to install Facebook (58.0.0.28.70) through Play Store on both nightlies. They fail to install with error -504.

What I tried to do to fix Facebook failed installation but failed:
    • Cleared the Play Store cache and data (in cm-12.1-20151230-NIGHTLY-spyder.zip rom)
    • Rebooted the phone
    • Wiped Cache and Davik
    • Factory Reset from Stock Recovery
    • Factory Reset from Stock System
    • Use Matt's Utility to Reflash Jellybean 4.1.2 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US (including data wipe), rerooted, reinstalled SafeStrap 3.75

After all that to no avail, I did more testing.

What does work, but not what I'm looking for:
    • GPS works in Stock Androsensor (reports Provider: gps available with Satellites visible and used for location lock)
    • Facebook (58.0.0.28.70) updates in Stock
    • Flashing StarGo's cm-13.0-20160104-UNOFFICIAL-spyder.zip in Slot 1 (with open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20160106.zip) installing Facebook (58.0.0.28.70) through Play Store works but still no GPS in Androsensor (reports only network location available)
    • Flashing MoKee's MK51.1-spyder-160102-RELEASE.zip in Slot 1 (with open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20160106.zip) installing Facebook (58.0.0.28.70) through Play Store fails (Error -504) also still no GPS in Androsensor (reports only network location available)
    • Flashing Octanium91's xcm-11-20150901-SNAPSHOT-XNG3CAO3G1-spyder-ss-cdma.zip in Slot 1 (with open_gapps-arm-4.4-nano-20160106.zip) installing Facebook (58.0.0.28.70) fails in Play Store (code -11), but using Facebook apk (from APKMirror) (com.facebook.katana_55.0.0.18.66.apk) older version works. GPS also works in this rom: Androsensor (reports Provider: gps available with Satellites visible and used for location lock)

Flashing - in this instance means, deleting slot 1, recreating slot 1 with (1GB/3.5GB/1GB), installing zip, wiping cache/davik, rebooting into slot 1 and testing Facebook / GPS

What I'm looking for: cm12.1 official or cm12.1 custom rom (odexed preferred but normal is fine too) that will install the (current version of Facebook 58.0.0.28.70) and have working GPS on Lollipop

I've spent three days scouring the forums, reading and flashing before I caved in to finally post.
    Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome,

Thank you for reading,
    -BeYourGravity

Try Mokee Release builds,they are odexed for better performance...
    About the Facebook,add this line to your build.prop:

dalvik.vm.dex2oat-flags=--no-watch-dog

Installation can take more then 5 minutes...

Sent from my Razr XT910
    well since i cleared the internal storage my phone seems to be working perfectly fine running custom roms again, thanks for all the help people

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I have an xt907 running cm12 nightlies. Dirty flashed every couple of weeks up from dhackers 5.1. Used to be Verizon now straight talk. I've never had this issue I moved to Bluefield West Virginia and have been having to call tech support every couple of days to fix this issue they use their "tools" and have me reboot a couple times until LTE shows back up. In this coverage area i be noticed it switch's to 3g then to LTE a lot then just an exclamation point eventually. Nothing fixes it. I mean disabling/enabling airplane mode. Rebooting. Nothing.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

And I just realized this is not then correct forum.

iv had this same exact issue, happens every month i reload my account