Use JSON to Dynamically Load Layouts with json2view

You normally use XML layouts for your applications, but what if you need a simpler way to … more

HTC One M8 Lollipop Rolls Out in Canada

HTC promised to deliver the Lollipop update within 90 days after the official release. Aroll outof … more

OnePlus Teases Their New ROM, OxygenOS

OnePlus went back to the drawing board tocreate a ROM that they promisewill be open,customizable, and … more

S-View Clocks for Note 4

Do you want a classy clock for your classy S-View cover? XDA Recognized Themersibinnhas provided us very … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

bricked my device .....

OP iamteachme

30th August 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
hey guys i tryed restoring a safe strap back up from slot to stock slot now my phone wont boot any ideas ?
30th August 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamteachme

hey guys i tryed restoring a safe strap back up from slot to stock slot now my phone wont boot any ideas ?

Exactly what happened to me.. I sent it over to my ISP and they fixed it..

I couldn't even get to recovery menu or AP fastboot. It was soft bricked so hard it only showed the motorola logo and then the safestrap upper screen for brief second before shutting down.

Do not install 3.73 or later version since they are broken and will brick your phone eventually.. this has happened 3 times already.
Last edited by stefeman; 30th August 2014 at 05:06 PM.
30th August 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefeman

Exactly what happened to me.. I sent it over to my ISP and they fixed it..

I couldn't even get to recovery menu or AP fastboot. It was soft bricked so hard it only showed the motorola logo and then the safestrap upper screen for brief second before shutting down.

Do not install 3.73 or later version since they are broken and will brick your phone eventually.. this has happened 3 times already.

well that sucks i am no warranty on this one i bought it used.
30th August 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamteachme

well that sucks i am no warranty on this one i bought it used.

Can you get to fastboot? (Powerkey + volume up + volume down)

If so, you can use RSD lite and unbrick the device. I couldn't get there due safestrap flashing it's upper screen for second before shutdown signal though..
30th August 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefeman

Can you get to fastboot? (Powerkey + volume up + volume down)

If so, you can use RSD lite and unbrick the device. I couldn't get there due safestrap flashing it's upper screen for second before shutdown signal though..


i can get to fastboot looking for the files i need now thinking i heard matts util would do it

can i just boot fastboot and use matts to flash jellybean again?

Edit: got into fastboot and used the updated version of matts util alls good again.
Last edited by iamteachme; 30th August 2014 at 05:38 PM.
31st August 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
bricked RAZR XT910
Hi Guys,

Bricked my device trying to root it & add CMW
Tried factory wipe & reset but still no good.

Anyways, tried RSDlite 6.1.5 & appropriate ROMs from OPTUS but they get stuck @ "cdt.bin_signed " failed (step 6)
Apparently, there is a manual way of doing this
see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2483999
but can't find webtop signed
also 01.6.5.1-73 & 80 for Australia doesn't exist

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks
Jen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes