Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Deleted stock, won't boot

OP CyberBully

5th August 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey guys. A friend of mine gave me a Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 which woudln't work with GSM networks to make it work. So I went here and used DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean to gain root. After that I installed Safestrap 3.73 and flashed CM11 M9 into the Slot1. The phone was working completely fine without a single hitch.

Today my friend called me to ask about the phone and I said it's working only it has two systems (lots of not really good used memory). He said to me to remove one of them and I went back into Safestrap recovery and activated Stock. Then I wiped Dalvik cache, cache, system, android secure. After that I switched to Slot1 (CM11) and it said it was active. I thought it would work since there is still that CM11 in Slot1, right? I tapped reboot -> system and since then the phone won't boot. When I press and hold the Power button for about 7-8 seconds, Motorola logo is shown and after that only a black screen (phone turned off). I tried holding Power+VOLDN but sadly same results. I know I should have read more about removing stock, but I did it anyway. Everything was going so smoothly so I thought there wouldn't be any problems. I think I should point out that when I connect the phone to my laptop, I can see "Mot Composited ADB Interface". Does this mean the phone is not dead?

Is there a way to unbrick the phone without some special cables and/or equipment?

Thanks.
Last edited by CyberBully; 5th August 2014 at 12:13 PM.
5th August 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Northern Indiana
Thanks Meter: 82

100 posts
More
Use Matt's utility to restore things to stock:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeoswego For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
@mikeoswego Thanks. I actually managed to get it working a little before this post using that amazing piece of software.

The state of the phone was like this: I hold the Power button, Motorola logo pops up and then the phone turns off. I hold Power+VOLDN same thing happens (Logo is shown and then it turns off). I couldn't even get it to fast boot. It just turned off. I searched a bit here and found the solution. When the logo is shown, press and hold VOLUP+VOLDN and don't let go. The menu will be shown where you can select fastboot. After that I just connected the phone to my laptop, used matts program and resurrected the phone

I lost root, so I rooted again, installed safestrap, wiped Stock and in it's place installed CM11. Rom1 was still occupied by old CM11 install so I deleted that. Installed the GSM patch and now the phone works as a charm.

So many thanks to this great community. I usually don't post at all. I use the search function and just follow the steps, but I panicked a bit today. Sorry.

Thread can be closed.
5th August 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Northern Indiana
Thanks Meter: 82

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBully

So many thanks to this great community. I usually don't post at all. I use the search function and just follow the steps, but I panicked a bit today.

Thanks for letting us know that you got things working. Someone else in the future will see this thread and be helped by it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread