Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help/direction on XT912 CDMA

Tip us?

Trotter516
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Need help/direction on XT912 CDMA

Maybe this is a stupid idea but I am stuck with this XT912 Verizon Droid Razr because I did not do my homework on it before I traded for it. And, yes, I have attempted to search out my answers with little luck thus far.

Anyway, the XT912 is currently on 4.1.2 stock, non-rooted. I have read that it was possible (via RadioComm) to get ICS to use GSM on this thing but I have not had any success with it on JB (which was already on it when I got it). What I want to do, and am here asking, is to root it and flash it to either stock ICS or an ICS ROM and then use RadioComm to make it use GSM.

Is the above possible or am I stuck with this thing? And, if it is not possible, does anyone know a way to get it to work with Straight Talk via CDMA? I am picking up that they won't switch/activate 4G Verizon phones...

Thanks, all. Oh, and I am not an idiot or a teeny-bopper wanting to hack my mommy's phone so please don't toss out comments aimed at such. I am a bonehead for not delving deeper before I got the phone but we've all been there.

s_cuttic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm pretty sure that you're stuck on JB.. Verizon locked the boot loader on these and many other phones so you can't go back to ICS.

You may be able to flash an ICS ROM but I'm not sure.

It's been a long time since I've read up on any of this and I've never flashed ROMs on my maxx. I used to on my droid x a lot but never found one that I liked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium 4 mobile app