Default [Q] Korean Razr XT910K (CID issue): How to upgrade to KITKAT or JB from ICS?

Hello,

I'm new to Android and recently got a korean XT910K from "Olleh" korean operator. This phone was bought on ebay as a regular XT910, has never been rooted or updated manually.

System version: 67.42.46.XT910K.KT.en.KR
Model number: XT910K
Android version: 4.0.4

I want a retail LATAM rom because this branded original rom comes with a lot of bloatware and I can't use my home language (the original rom only allows me to use English or Korean). I want to root the phone either, to use titaniun backup pro and to get the system updated (to get better battery and ram use).

After a lot of reading, I've come to the conclusion that this XT910K model has a CID issue that will brick the phone if you try to flash a rom from the regular XT910 (I couldn't find XT910K roms).

I've read some posts about this problem, but since I'm not familiar with Android I'm not sure if I've understood much.

Is it possible to upgrade this korean model with a LATAM KITKAT or JB retail rom? How? Is that about backing up and erasing the CID? What is this CID and how can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.