Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Moto XT910 fastboot issue

OP TKerrygan

3rd September 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello everyone. First post here, although from time to time I take a look here to see what's going on.
Is now a week without phone. I searched many forums, and Googled a lot, but no luck.

The phone is a Motorola Razr GSM (umts_spyder), XT910. It had installed Safestrap, I don't remember the version.
I tried some roms from time to time, installing them through the Safestrap.
The last one was SlimKat (4.4). I wanted to go back to MIUI V5, which was the one that I liked most of which I had proved, but the Safestrap tell me that the rom can't be installed due to space issues. Then I thought that I should delete some files.
Okey, that's when I make the mistake. Using the Safestrap built in File Manager, I deleted some folders that I thought are not essential. I thought they were remnants of application installations folders and stuff.
And after that, I rebooted the phone, and never woke.

I read guides on installation through fastboot. I can boot the phone in recovery, using -it seems- a factory recovery.
I have already the drivers for my phone from Motorola.
I tried RSD, Odin, and another script and stuff that I found on the web.
All the metods fails at the cdt.bin copy.
According to what I was reading after that, one cannot install an older version of Android from which it was last installed using fastboot.
Is this true?
If so, that means that I need to install a 4.4 fastboot rom on my phone? I can't find any.

Okey, that is the story.
Any advice will be appreciated. Due to my negligence and inexperience, my phone is now a cute ornament.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Best regards,
Francisco.
7th September 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 86

240 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKerrygan

Hello everyone. First post here, although from time to time I take a look here to see what's going on.
Is now a week without phone. I searched many forums, and Googled a lot, but no luck.

The phone is a Motorola Razr GSM (umts_spyder), XT910. It had installed Safestrap, I don't remember the version.
I tried some roms from time to time, installing them through the Safestrap.
The last one was SlimKat (4.4). I wanted to go back to MIUI V5, which was the one that I liked most of which I had proved, but the Safestrap tell me that the rom can't be installed due to space issues. Then I thought that I should delete some files.
Okey, that's when I make the mistake. Using the Safestrap built in File Manager, I deleted some folders that I thought are not essential. I thought they were remnants of application installations folders and stuff.
And after that, I rebooted the phone, and never woke.

I read guides on installation through fastboot. I can boot the phone in recovery, using -it seems- a factory recovery.
I have already the drivers for my phone from Motorola.
I tried RSD, Odin, and another script and stuff that I found on the web.
All the metods fails at the cdt.bin copy.
According to what I was reading after that, one cannot install an older version of Android from which it was last installed using fastboot.
Is this true?
If so, that means that I need to install a 4.4 fastboot rom on my phone? I can't find any.

Okey, that is the story.
Any advice will be appreciated. Due to my negligence and inexperience, my phone is now a cute ornament.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Best regards,
Francisco.

Look for a jellybean stock rom for your phone depending on where you got it like us, uk, etc in the development thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2231289
flash it using rsdlite......then root it and install safestrap again. This will wipe your internal memory card though
7th September 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjumani

Look for a jellybean stock rom for your phone depending on where you got it like us, uk, etc in the development thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2231289
flash it using rsdlite......then root it and install safestrap again. This will wipe your internal memory card though

Tx for the reply, david. I read that thread, yes, but seems that I need a Kit Kat fastboot rom, not a Jelly Bean one. When I try to flash one of that, the cdt.bin copy issue appears.
7th September 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 417

1,060 posts
More
Quote:

Tx for the reply, david. I read that thread, yes, but seems that I need a Kit Kat fastboot rom, not a Jelly Bean one. When I try to flash one of that, the cdt.bin copy issue appears.

Kitkat fastboot rom doesn't exist,the last official rom for our phones is JB.

Sent from my Razr XT910
7th September 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder73

Kitkat fastboot rom doesn't exist,the last official rom for our phones is JB.

Sent from my Razr XT910

Tx for the answer. Well, that is a problem. Is there a way to install a JB fastboot when my last Android was KK?
7th September 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 417

1,060 posts
More
Quote:

Tx for the answer. Well, that is a problem. Is there a way to install a JB fastboot when my last Android was KK?

All KK roms coming with custom (kexec) kernel so that's not the issue.

Try to flash some other JB fastboot file,for different contry.

Sent from my Razr XT910
8th September 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder73

All KK roms coming with custom (kexec) kernel so that's not the issue.

Try to flash some other JB fastboot file,for different contry.

Sent from my Razr XT910

Ok, I'll try. Are you sure that the cdt.bin file is not a problem with the JB/KK issue?
Anyways I'll try other countries. Tx.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread