Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Motorola Razr XT910 Stuck on M logo, does not have access to factory cable

Tip us?

chrisora13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Motorola Razr XT910 Stuck on M logo, does not have access to factory cable

Here's the story: I'll try to make it as short as possible (I'll also put on a TL;DR at the end)

My phone is rooted, flashed to Cyanogenmod 11 nightly build, no problems when I flashed these guys.
I installed Lucky Patcher to patch an app, put some files on my SD card (bunch of PSX games)
just put it out there if that changed anything :P
My battery was low at that time and I did not expect that if I let it shut down by itself, I could still open it just like I do in the past.
Phone totally has no charge on my battery 0%. I plugged in my charger, the phone opens up but it only opens the M logo with Dual core technology (not the pulsing M). Tried to charge it overnight, still stuck on dual core screen, tried resetting using Power + Volume Down, and also going through where AP fastboot, BP Tools was, If I choose any of them (except for fastboot) it would redirect me again to the dual core logo.
sometimes I get lucky if I choose BP tools and goes to TWRP recovery (safestrap installed), tried to boot there and still no luck.
also tried unplugging charger while on the selection of AP fastboot and just shutdowns my phone. also one time it redirects me to one with a battery icon and a question mark.
I also don't have access to factory cable, can't buy one because it's not available in here in the Philippines, tried making one but I reaally suck at soldering, also when I opened up the wires, it only shows up 3 wires, red, green, and white, the other one I opened was only red and black.

TL;DR : Phone battery is dead, when plugged in charger, Motorola Razr Stuck on M logo (with Dual core technology). I also don't have access to factory cable, can't buy one because it's not available in here in the Philippines. Also there's no more Motorola stores that I can get a fix (I think they got bankrupt )
I really love this phone and I would really appreciate if I could get a quick fix

chrisora13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sad, it seems that the questions here seldomly get answered, hope the experts go online soon

sui_iuris
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisora13 View Post
Here's the story: I'll try to make it as short as possible (I'll also put on a TL;DR at the end)

My phone is rooted, flashed to Cyanogenmod 11 nightly build, no problems when I flashed these guys.
I installed Lucky Patcher to patch an app, put some files on my SD card (bunch of PSX games)
just put it out there if that changed anything :P
My battery was low at that time and I did not expect that if I let it shut down by itself, I could still open it just like I do in the past.
Phone totally has no charge on my battery 0%. I plugged in my charger, the phone opens up but it only opens the M logo with Dual core technology (not the pulsing M). Tried to charge it overnight, still stuck on dual core screen, tried resetting using Power + Volume Down, and also going through where AP fastboot, BP Tools was, If I choose any of them (except for fastboot) it would redirect me again to the dual core logo.
sometimes I get lucky if I choose BP tools and goes to TWRP recovery (safestrap installed), tried to boot there and still no luck.
also tried unplugging charger while on the selection of AP fastboot and just shutdowns my phone. also one time it redirects me to one with a battery icon and a question mark.
I also don't have access to factory cable, can't buy one because it's not available in here in the Philippines, tried making one but I reaally suck at soldering, also when I opened up the wires, it only shows up 3 wires, red, green, and white, the other one I opened was only red and black.

TL;DR : Phone battery is dead, when plugged in charger, Motorola Razr Stuck on M logo (with Dual core technology). I also don't have access to factory cable, can't buy one because it's not available in here in the Philippines. Also there's no more Motorola stores that I can get a fix (I think they got bankrupt )
I really love this phone and I would really appreciate if I could get a quick fix
It's OK don't worry. Just charge the phone for about two hours, unplug the carger and faster reset the phone wiht power + volume up + volume down. This way you can boot to safestrap. You will see that battery is on 0%, so plug the phone in the charger and wait. Until you are in safestrap the phone will charge. The battery needs at least 5% to boot the OS, I myself prefer to reach 20 even 30 percent. Then on safestrap's homescreen press reboot, then system and after the phone reboots wait or press search when safestrap's splash screen shows and the OS will load.

chrisora13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sui_iuris View Post
It's OK don't worry. Just charge the phone for about two hours, unplug the carger and faster reset the phone wiht power + volume up + volume down. This way you can boot to safestrap. You will see that battery is on 0%, so plug the phone in the charger and wait. Until you are in safestrap the phone will charge. The battery needs at least 5% to boot the OS, I myself prefer to reach 20 even 30 percent. Then on safestrap's homescreen press reboot, then system and after the phone reboots wait or press search when safestrap's splash screen shows and the OS will load.
Thanks for the reply! I'll try that one out. I'll keep posted