Lollipop for OnePlus One Enters Testing Stage

Cyanogen just announced on their twitter that their CyanogenMod Lollipop build for the OnePlus … more

Xiaomi Business Model Unlike Usually Conceived

This article explains how Xiaomi sells phones not just to be a mobile OEM, but also to seed … more

Note 4 Launcher Theme Collection

If you like the features and integration of the TouchWiz Launcher on your Note 4, FrenchFamousTeam put … more

Verizon Allows Customers to Opt Out of Supercookies

Following the controversy that Verizon’s zombie “supercookies” … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [XT910]Bricked, need a little help (no fastboot, no recovery, bootloop)

OP szepesif

21st October 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Hey guys,

My friend asked me to help him out with his Motorola Razr XT910 phone. He tried to root it and flash a new rom but something went wrong because the phone is half(?)-dead now.

It just shows the Motorola logo when I start it and a few seconds later it shuts down. The strange thing is that it turns itself on automatically a few minutes later so I can't turn it off at all. Also, I can't start it with fastboot mode either (volume up+down+power).

When I try to connect it to my PC it's appearing as an unrecognised device so I'm clueless now. Most likely he killed/flashed/erased the bootloader somehow (he tried to flash something in fastboot mode).

Is there anything that I could try?
21st October 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
21st October 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Does the phone still have battery? Because if it doesn't then you would need to get a factory cable.
Here's how to get into fastboot mode :
(1) When you see the Motorola logo, press the volume down button + power button and wait for the phone to turn off (there will be a slight white flash line on the screen)
(2) As soon as it does, press the volume up+volume down+power button and you should get it. It isn't easy, will take a few tries.

However, if it's battery is drained, just get the factory cable. It automatically puts the phone in fastboot mode
21st October 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 45

152 posts
More
Plug it up to charge for at least 10 minutes then do power and down arrow for 20 seconds then release both and do power and up arrow till you see fastboot. Let me know how you make out.
21st October 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Thank you guys, I was able to get into fastboot and the phone is working again (after debricking and flashing back the old JB rom).

Another question: I was able to root the phone with the chinese rootmaster application (From this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2402943 ) Is it possible to downgrade it to ICS? The phone's owner wants a hungarian ROM and the current JB rom is not containing this language. I found a central european ICS and most likely it's the latest hungarian ROM but I don't know how to flash or install it properly. Can you help me out with this? Is it possible if the phone is rooted?
22nd October 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #6  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 467

1,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by szepesif

Thank you guys, I was able to get into fastboot and the phone is working again (after debricking and flashing back the old JB rom).

Another question: I was able to root the phone with the chinese rootmaster application (From this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2402943 ) Is it possible to downgrade it to ICS? The phone's owner wants a hungarian ROM and the current JB rom is not containing this language. I found a central european ICS and most likely it's the latest hungarian ROM but I don't know how to flash or install it properly. Can you help me out with this? Is it possible if the phone is rooted?

You can't downgrade,it isn't possible.

Try to flash another JB rom,some of them must have hungarian language.

Sent from my Razr XT910
Last edited by welder73; 22nd October 2014 at 05:48 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread