[Q] XT910, restore to factory defaults failed

OP fuzzychicken

18th July 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello folks,

I am not a geek like majority of you and I didn't do anything to the phone i.e. trying to root or trying to install something from anything other than Play Store.

My XT910 Asia edition has been giving this troubles for a while. When I restart of the battery drains and I try to start it, it gets stuck at boot in evolving Morotola logo. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to start, if it starts at all. Once it starts, I wipe cache using Easy Cache cleaner and it works for a couple of days without any hassle. The cycle returns afterwards.

Its been in endless boot for last 2 days now. When I tried to restore to the factory defaults, the android logo came up with a red exclamation mark. I have no idea how to proceed to restore to the factory defaults.

Can anyone give me directions please? I have been checking all threads related to XT910 but didn't notice any similar to mine, hence posting the question.

Thanks a million in advance.
18th July 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 342

916 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzychicken

Hello folks,

I am not a geek like majority of you and I didn't do anything to the phone i.e. trying to root or trying to install something from anything other than Play Store.

My XT910 Asia edition has been giving this troubles for a while. When I restart of the battery drains and I try to start it, it gets stuck at boot in evolving Morotola logo. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to start, if it starts at all. Once it starts, I wipe cache using Easy Cache cleaner and it works for a couple of days without any hassle. The cycle returns afterwards.

Its been in endless boot for last 2 days now. When I tried to restore to the factory defaults, the android logo came up with a red exclamation mark. I have no idea how to proceed to restore to the factory defaults.

Can anyone give me directions please? I have been checking all threads related to XT910 but didn't notice any similar to mine, hence posting the question.

Thanks a million in advance.

When the lying android with a red triangle appears,press vol+ and vol- at the same time and then find and select the option "factory data reset" or something like that,I can't remember exactly right now...

Sent from my Razr XT910
18th July 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder73

When the lying android with a red triangle appears,press vol+ and vol- at the same time and then find and select the option "factory data reset" or something like that,I can't remember exactly right now...

Sent from my Razr XT910

I tried that too.
It makes me go through one more screen to Yes/Wipe user data, there are 5 to 6 No s before that and then it appears in yellow wiping data etc etc. and then goes in boot loop again
18th July 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Done
Thanks for the effort to try to help me out. I finally restored my phone following this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA8og7sbtBY)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread