Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XT910, restore to factory defaults failed

Tip us?

fuzzychicken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] XT910, restore to factory defaults failed

Hello folks,

I am not a geek like majority of you and I didn't do anything to the phone i.e. trying to root or trying to install something from anything other than Play Store.

My XT910 Asia edition has been giving this troubles for a while. When I restart of the battery drains and I try to start it, it gets stuck at boot in evolving Morotola logo. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to start, if it starts at all. Once it starts, I wipe cache using Easy Cache cleaner and it works for a couple of days without any hassle. The cycle returns afterwards.

Its been in endless boot for last 2 days now. When I tried to restore to the factory defaults, the android logo came up with a red exclamation mark. I have no idea how to proceed to restore to the factory defaults.

Can anyone give me directions please? I have been checking all threads related to XT910 but didn't notice any similar to mine, hence posting the question.

Thanks a million in advance.

welder73
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzychicken View Post
Hello folks,

I am not a geek like majority of you and I didn't do anything to the phone i.e. trying to root or trying to install something from anything other than Play Store.

My XT910 Asia edition has been giving this troubles for a while. When I restart of the battery drains and I try to start it, it gets stuck at boot in evolving Morotola logo. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to start, if it starts at all. Once it starts, I wipe cache using Easy Cache cleaner and it works for a couple of days without any hassle. The cycle returns afterwards.

Its been in endless boot for last 2 days now. When I tried to restore to the factory defaults, the android logo came up with a red exclamation mark. I have no idea how to proceed to restore to the factory defaults.

Can anyone give me directions please? I have been checking all threads related to XT910 but didn't notice any similar to mine, hence posting the question.

Thanks a million in advance.
When the lying android with a red triangle appears,press vol+ and vol- at the same time and then find and select the option "factory data reset" or something like that,I can't remember exactly right now...

Sent from my Razr XT910
System 1- 07/06 Liquidsmooth 3.1 OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL
System 2- Nothing yet...

Sorry for my english

JB stock center clock,circle battery,more reboot options... (Update)

fuzzychicken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder73 View Post
When the lying android with a red triangle appears,press vol+ and vol- at the same time and then find and select the option "factory data reset" or something like that,I can't remember exactly right now...

Sent from my Razr XT910
I tried that too.
It makes me go through one more screen to Yes/Wipe user data, there are 5 to 6 No s before that and then it appears in yellow wiping data etc etc. and then goes in boot loop again

fuzzychicken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Done

Thanks for the effort to try to help me out. I finally restored my phone following this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA8og7sbtBY)