Back Facing camera not working?

Search This thread

icebergon

Jun 28, 2013
Hi, my back facing camera does not work suddenly.
The only camera working is the front facing camera. there is no option to turn the camera around to use the back facing one. I have tried other apps but there are no options to do so.

im having the same problem, sometimes it works but when I start up the camera, it comes up black, no picture for about ten seconds and then says "camera error - please restart camera :crying:

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
im having the same problem, sometimes it works but when I start up the camera, it comes up black, no picture for about ten seconds and then says "camera error - please restart camera :crying:

The only camera working is the front facing camera. there is no option to turn the camera around to use the back facing one. I have tried other apps but there are no options to do so.

try clearing cache/dalvik in recovery

Quetzalfp

May 4, 2012
Problem with frontal camera

I have a similar problem with the frontal camera, it shows a black spot, I tried the Google Camera as well and it's the same thing, I unlock the bootloader and I'm not sure if my warranty will be validated.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: Cheapxj

ds728

Dec 31, 2014
I'm having the same problem, now about 3 days after rooting. Is this a coincidence, or did I mess something up? The only modifications I've made with root are the XPrivacy and Gravitybox Xposed modules. I haven't made any camera tweaks and made sure all the permissions are available in Xprivacy.

edit: Tried clearing the cache; didn't help. Went back and looked at Xprivacy's Usage Data, and found that even though I hadn't disabled any specific permissions for the moto camera, a top-level toggle was switched on. Turning this off fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChazzMatt

cj2566

Apr 13, 2010
Scottsbluff
I've had a similar issue where HDR on crashes Google camera and stock cam. Turning it off fixes it, but I'd like to use HDR.
Anyone else?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bluesatyr

May 31, 2013
NYC
I am having the same problem - back camera suddenly stopped working, but the front still does. Tried uninstalling updates to the stock camera app, clearing cache (through recovery as well), installing other camera apps (Google Camera), and even booting into safe mode (3rd party apps disabled). No luck.

I'm not even rooted, nor have I tried. Anyone else have this problem/solve it/have other suggestions? Appreciated. Rather not send in for a full device replacement, if I can avoid it.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I am having the same problem - back camera suddenly stopped working, but the front still does. Tried uninstalling updates to the stock camera app, clearing cache (through recovery as well), installing other camera apps (Google Camera), and even booting into safe mode (3rd party apps disabled). No luck.

I'm not even rooted, nor have I tried. Anyone else have this problem/solve it/have other suggestions? Appreciated. Rather not send in for a full device replacement, if I can avoid it.

Try factory re-set?

robnhl

Sep 15, 2010
Hi I am having the same issue, the back facing camera stopped working two days ago. I'm not rooted either.

Same here. I contacted Motorola and they are replacing the phone under warranty. Their support rep ran through the standard cache clear/default app/etc steps and then issued an RMA. It's currently on its way to Texas. I wonder what kind of warranty the replacement phone will have.

Shipeepihs

Dec 29, 2012
West Chester
Same here. I contacted Motorola and they are replacing the phone under warranty. Their support rep ran through the standard cache clear/default app/etc steps and then issued an RMA. It's currently on its way to Texas. I wonder what kind of warranty the replacement phone will have.

So I performed a factory reset and it still didn't fix it. A day later it randomly worked for 2 hours, then went back to no working. Maybe there is a loose wire or connection in it? I'm going to try calling Motorola for a replacement. I'm assuming I just call their standard customer service number?

atodekael

Jun 30, 2015
this really seems to be a problem. i managed to get mine back for a while on my first Turbo by FXz'ing, but eventually it crapped out again. Hopefully Lollipop will have a better camera app whenever it finally comes out.

robnhl

Sep 15, 2010
So I performed a factory reset and it still didn't fix it. A day later it randomly worked for 2 hours, then went back to no working. Maybe there is a loose wire or connection in it? I'm going to try calling Motorola for a replacement. I'm assuming I just call their standard customer service number?

I'm sure you already took care of this but I always use their chat support. Very fast and works great from a mobile.

Umair aslam

Aug 16, 2015
Camera is not working properly

im having the same problem, sometimes it works but when I start up the camera, it comes up black, no picture for about ten seconds and then says "camera error - please restart camera
Pllllzzz help me to solve that problem
:(

Amansinghiam

Sep 9, 2015
What worked for me

Actually i am in kitkat and what i actually tried to do after rooting is i tried to fix the external write... . I tried to edit the permission.xml....then after editing my camera stopped working... if u too edited the permission. Xml then undo it.. . It will fix the error

rishi rihal

Sep 27, 2015

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got the same problem with my rear camera, tried to reflash stock 5.11, then ota to official 6.0.1 but no luck, it always fail to start.
    and guess what, after i flash bhb27-33n kernel on my official rr rom 5.8.0(android 7.1.1), finally! my back facing camera is work again.
    here is the lnk for bhb27's kernel for all quark: https://xdaforums.com/moto-maxx/development/kernel-bhb27-kernel-t3207526

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 DROID Turbo 發送
    Problem with frontal camera

I have a similar problem with the frontal camera, it shows a black spot, I tried the Google Camera as well and it's the same thing, I unlock the bootloader and I'm not sure if my warranty will be validated.

Any suggestions?
    I'm having the same problem, now about 3 days after rooting. Is this a coincidence, or did I mess something up? The only modifications I've made with root are the XPrivacy and Gravitybox Xposed modules. I haven't made any camera tweaks and made sure all the permissions are available in Xprivacy.

edit: Tried clearing the cache; didn't help. Went back and looked at Xprivacy's Usage Data, and found that even though I hadn't disabled any specific permissions for the moto camera, a top-level toggle was switched on. Turning this off fixed the issue.
    what u use to flash? rsd lite or mfastboot?
    i was flash bhb27-kernel-v3.5, but the camera still dont work :crying: im use mfastboot.
    I flash Kernel via TWRP(version 3.0.2-0 mod-4), now i switched to latest BHB27's kernel v36: https://xdaforums.com/moto-maxx/development/kernel-bhb27-kernel-t3207526, my camera still working flawlessly[emoji1].

You may try to download a "Hardware Info" app from Play Store, to check your camera hardware is working or not.

My system info:
    Moto DROID Turbo XT1254.
    Resurrection Remix 5.8.0 official build 20170117.
    BHB27 Kernel v36
    camera apps: built-in Camea2, Moto Camera, DSLR camera.

Send from Droid Turbo