Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flashing 4.4.4

Tip us?

rcksrgn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] flashing 4.4.4

I am on an unlocked rooted xt 1080m. I was recented having issues with phone and restored to an old backup image using twrp. Unfortunately, this was 4.4 ( I had been on 4.4.4). I can't get the OTA to work even after flashing stock recovery. I have downloaded the fxz file. My question is -- Can I just flash the system.img using mfastboot or do I have to use the house of moto method? I am not a complete idiot but I get confused with some of the house of moto's steps. Sorry to be a bother

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcksrgn View Post
I am on an unlocked rooted xt 1080m. I was recented having issues with phone and restored to an old backup image using twrp. Unfortunately, this was 4.4 ( I had been on 4.4.4). I can't get the OTA to work even after flashing stock recovery. I have downloaded the fxz file. My question is -- Can I just flash the system.img using mfastboot or do I have to use the house of moto method? I am not a complete idiot but I get confused with some of the house of moto's steps. Sorry to be a bother
You can use RSD Lite (which will erase everything and leave you 100% factory stock), or the house of Moto Methods.

You can NOT flash just system.img. You need the boot.img, as well.

Might be able to fastboot flash JUST system and boot....if it were me, I'd RSD Lite back to full stock.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]