Bounty for 4.4.4 unlocked bootloader

OP jenkies

14th August 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wewahitchka, Fl
Thanks Meter: 17

203 posts
More
I'm starting this bounty at $50 because this phone is awesome, with so much potential and we currently have no root access, etc.
BTW, edit your post in the 4.4 thread if you posted a bounty there for 4.4.4, that threads purpose has been accomplished. I just edited mine out as a mistake. If I miss you in the op please pm me and I'll update asap. Thanks.

jenkies

@ rds217 $20
@ s_u_n $20
@ Kittimasak $30
@ arsenal553 $20
@ parsnip2 $15
@ phukt 1288 $20
@ pottlepaul $20
@ camblue $30

Total $175
Last edited by jenkies; 2nd September 2014 at 05:12 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jenkies For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
Good luck!
Last edited by mblanton66; 14th August 2014 at 07:05 PM.
14th August 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 10

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkies

I'm starting this thread at $50 because I love this phone more than any other phone I've ever had and wish I could root it and mod it, etc.
I will not however be able to do any upkeep and maintain this thread. Hopefully someone else with feel like doing this.
BTW, edit your post in the 4.4 thread if you posted a bounty there. I just edited mine out as a mistake.

jenkies

Could you change the title of the thread to "Bounty for unlocked bootloader"?
It seems that we are much closer to getting that via Dan Rosenberg's method than having someone find an exploit for the 4.4.4 firmware to obtain root. Note that an unlocked bootloader will allow for both root and write protection off for the lifetime of the device, over all* OTA patches to come.

*unless the OTA relocks the bootloader and patches the vulnerability discovered by Dan, then we're SOL.

Once the title is changed, count me in for $20.
The Following User Says Thank You to rds217 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wewahitchka, Fl

203 posts
More
Title changed

jenkies
The Following User Says Thank You to jenkies For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 24

208 posts
I guess you missed the 50+ page thread for this EXACT same topic....
14th August 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wewahitchka, Fl

203 posts
More
I guess I may have missed that other thread. I didn't intend to make one on top of another if I did but upon my first post in another thread this was recommended, so I edited my post as a mistake. Then I got the title wrong and humbly corrected it. I actually prefer to leave this stuff to the grown ups but I been a little desperate as I'm sure others may be too. Does this thread need to be deleted? Is there another thread for the same thing? If so, how do I close the thread. I'm all ears for advice, although I may not have time to make any changes. Any one who wants to take over thread is certainly invited and welcome. I just want progress and an willing to pay. :thumbup:

jenkies
14th August 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 35

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuhoops8628

I guess you missed the 50+ page thread for this EXACT same topic....

No need to read all 50+ pages, just the last few posts of the aforementioned thread, especially these two:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

To everyone who keeps requesting that a NEW bounty thread be created for the sole purpose of the BL-Unlock exploit....it's pretty simple guys. Just start a new thread in General and title it "[BOUNTY] Full Bootloader Unlock 2013 Droid Line-up".

If nobody else will do it, I will -- just give the word. I'm already unlocked though, so it should probably be started by someone who wants an unlock exploit, and will keep the OP updated with all the pledger's usernames and pledge amounts along with a running total of the FULL bounty amount.

Don't forget to WITHDRAW your pledges from any other bounty threads you have pledged to. This is important.

I re-posted the instructions for using the "China Middleman" here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=868

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

I find it really surprising that you guys are continuing to post pledge amounts in THIS thread, and that none of you have created a new one, even after I suggested it. Any one of the last 3 posters could have started it...

Are you all going to come back to THIS thread, and edit out your pledges? Because that's what you need to do. You don't pledge bounties in multiple threads for the same thing....not unless you intend on paying twice!

EDIT: Glad to see a new bounty thread was started...however consider the shortcoming - that thread is for "4.4.4. root" - it does not mention write protect disable or bootloader unlock. What exactly are you guys wanting? Technically, a "temp-root" on 4.4.4 would qualify for this bounty, and could quickly be patched by the next update.

Just food for thought....I really expected the new bounty thread to be for full bootloader unlock -- to encourage a DEV to take Dan Rosenburg's new bootloader trust zone vulnerability and create a tool to exploit it. That is the only permanent rooting solution for you guys.

EDIT2: I see that the title of the new bounty thread has been changed to "full bootloader unlock". Great

These pretty much summarize the creation of this thread.
14th August 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wewahitchka, Fl

203 posts
More
Thanks for helping explain. This ain't my forte.
Hey guys... If I could do it, I would for free but... I can't and time is money, so my $50 still stands for whatever gentleman takes the time.
Just a little misunderstanding from the starting point, I take blame. Hey the finish line is still the finish line in spite of the start.
So, let's all pitch in and enjoy these great phones moto finally made!

I personally can't understand why these phones aren't more popular. Touchless control is amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenkies For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #9  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 6

203 posts
I can pay $20 via PayPal. @Dan: Please release the exploit.
15th August 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Count me in, I'll contribute with 30$.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread