Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 41,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.4 OTA Download

Tip us?

rdenova
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] 4.4.4 OTA Download

Currently on a locked Maxx 4.4_19.6.3 rooted, wp off.

When the phone downloads the update, anyone know where it's stored while it's nagging you to install it? I used ROM ToolBox to freeze MotorolaOTA and wondered about deleting the download.

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdenova View Post
Currently on a locked Maxx 4.4_19.6.3 rooted, wp off.

When the phone downloads the update, anyone know where it's stored while it's nagging you to install it? I used ROM ToolBox to freeze MotorolaOTA and wondered about deleting the download.
Its in /cache

Sent From My Droid Ultra
The Following User Says Thank You to Caseyk621 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rdenova
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thank you.

Interesting, the only OTA in there is the 19.6.3.obake. Guess it's not there and I can delete that one. 285mb recovered. Couldn't see that folder on the PC, had to use Root Browser on the phone to look....oops.

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdenova View Post
Thank you.

Interesting, the only OTA in there is the 19.6.3.obake. Guess it's not there and I can delete that one. 285mb recovered. Couldn't see that folder on the PC, had to use Root Browser on the phone to look....oops.
That's the one that'll update you to 4.4.4 21.11.21. Motorola updates are always named for the version that's being updated.

Sent From My Droid Ultra
The Following User Says Thank You to Caseyk621 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]