Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 47,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not Able To Start Video Capture

Tip us?

buddhatown
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Not Able To Start Video Capture

Since taking 4.4.4 (and rooted), I have been unable to record any video in either the stock app or the google camera (haven't tried any 3rd party beyond that). Pictures are fine, but trying to take any video with the moto stock camera gives the following error msg on screen:

"Not able to start video capture"

Click image for larger version

Name:	VideoCapture.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2874053

Google camera gives no error, just wont record. I have tried clearing cache and data, reboots, etc. So far, I have no insight into whats causing this. Anyone else out there seen this?

Thanks

L7iharsha
Old
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Open the Google app. Scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the three dot menu control bottom right, then settings. Go to voice, then OK Google detection. Turn it off
Motorola Atrix 4G>>MIUI>>Motorola Razr XT912>>Jellybeaned >>Motorola Defy CM10.1 >>Motorola Atrix HD>>CM10.1 >>Motorola Razr I>>Jellybean 4.1.2>>Razr HD XT925 Updated to Jellybean Unlocked Bootloader Motorola Moto X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L7iharsha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buddhatown
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by L7iharsha View Post
Open the Google app. Scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the three dot menu control bottom right, then settings. Go to voice, then OK Google detection. Turn it off
Yep. That was it. Is this a known issue? I searched and searched but came up with nothing. Many thanks.

Topsnake
Old
Thanks Meter 421

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatown View Post
Yep. That was it. Is this a known issue? I searched and searched but came up with nothing. Many thanks.
Yes it is.

Moral of the story, SEARCH BEFORE POSTING! Chances are it has been asked several times.

ypikya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Didn't work for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L7iharsha View Post
Did not work for me! I have a Motorola Maxx XT1080 with 4.4.4. Upon re-boot, video capture works first time, but fails every time thereafter with error message "Not able to start video capture". If I re-boot again, same thing...works once, then fails thereafter with same error message. Any other solutions?

Orion575
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatown View Post
Since taking 4.4.4 (and rooted), I have been unable to record any video in either the stock app or the google camera (haven't tried any 3rd party beyond that). Pictures are fine, but trying to take any video with the moto stock camera gives the following error msg on screen:

"Not able to start video capture"

Attachment 2874053

Google camera gives no error, just wont record. I have tried clearing cache and data, reboots, etc. So far, I have no insight into whats causing this. Anyone else out there seen this?

Thanks
Updated to 4.4.4 and I got the same problem

forsakensniper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for that, been wondering what the issue has been. I guess I will just keep it so that my Nova Launcher has the Ok Google response. Turned off the Google one and it fixed the issues for the phone now. Much appreciated for the help.

Cheri3691
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Had this same problem.

I was taking videos this evening with no problems then started checking out "Google Now" options and enabled the voice commands from any app and from the locked screen. Then went back to taking or trying to take videos and got this same error message. I tried rebooting and it didn't work so I googled the error message and found this forum. I did as suggested and disabled the voice commands for "Google Now" and my video recording went back to working. So does anyone know if this error is being addressed for a fix? Also, thanks for the help!

Mlab95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
**** that, I was wondering what was wrong with my droid ultra, well i dont even need the okay google command since we have touchless controls anyways so its pretty pointless, also seeing how we may get updated to the new moto actions.

luter24rus
Old
(Last edited by luter24rus; 13th September 2014 at 07:15 PM.) Reason: addition
Thanks Meter 0
Default moto x xt1058 video capture not able

Hello friends, some time ago I got moto x xt1058, update to 4.4.4 and get same problem
Camera work well after reboot, but then I get message "not able to start video capture". That to bad course Skype and viber also didn't work.

Then I find this forum and try to turn off OK google now detection, but this button in voice google app's menu didn't work. It is grey (not active) color and has a message below " this feature is currently anavaliable on this device". Google now voice commands works well and I have no idea how to fix my camera problem.

P.s. camera work only in slow mode.
Thanks.

Tags
video