Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Not Able To Start Video Capture

OP buddhatown

3rd November 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
HERE IS THE FIX! Remove call recorder.
I HAD THE SAME THING for the last 3 months. I found it v frustrating.

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME AND FOR OTHERS

REMOVE THE APP CALLED "CALL RECORDER" as this uses the microphone at all times and stops video from working. Other call recorders seem to work fine with no affect on video.

Cheers,

Ben
19th November 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up Ben's Awesome Solution to "not able to start video capture" on my Moto X
I have had the same problem as many others.
Where I try video recording on my Moto X and only get the SUPER FRUSTRATING - "not able to start video capture"
I tried the Google "3 Dot" - Google Now Shut Down and it worked upon reboot..."ONCE." Only to have it not work until another reboot...
I had to resort to carrying around a spare iphone to record what my Moto X couldn't.... auuggghhhh!!

Anyways, to make a long story short, Ben's comments fixed my problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifemac3

I HAD THE SAME THING for the last 3 months. I found it v frustrating.

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME AND FOR OTHERS

REMOVE THE APP CALLED "CALL RECORDER" as this uses the microphone at all times and stops video from working. Other call recorders seem to work fine with no affect on video.

Cheers,

Ben

After I deleted this app...NOW I have use of my Video Camera and DO NOT GET THE "not able to start video capture", AND I just tried to set up Smartphone payments with Square.com (the app would not work with the swiping Dongle because it said "A RECORDING APP NEEDED TO BE CLOSED" for that process to occur) which lead me on another internet search for a solution and wound me up backtracking to here and eventually to Ben.

So now I can Take Videos and charge people for them??? Ha ha, Maybe I will now!! Who Knows!! ;P

Thanks Ben for your AWESOME Solution!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
video
Previous Thread Next Thread