Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

[Q] Can i downgrade to 4.2.2 without...

OP jancarlos1597

2nd July 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 105

253 posts
More
Can i downgrade my XT1080 aka Droid Maxx to 4.2.2 beign in 4.4? Or it will brick the phone?

I want to root the phone, but i only heard that you need to be in 4.2, if you're not, then you can't, it's that true? Or nah?

Thanks in advance guy!!!

THIS IS TO NOT SPAM!

PS: i'm on 19.6.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US
Last edited by jancarlos1597; 2nd July 2014 at 01:26 AM.
2nd July 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 30

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jancarlos1597

Can i downgrade my XT1080 aka Droid Maxx to 4.2.2 beign in 4.4? Or it will brick the phone?

I want to root the phone, but i only heard that you need to be in 4.2, if you're not, then you can't, it's that true? Or nah?

Thanks in advance guy!!!

THIS IS TO NOT SPAM!

PS: i'm on 19.6.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

You can attempt to root using Motorola Pie from jcase. In terms of downgrading, unless you have an unlocked bootloader, you're out of luck due to the bootloader security check.
The Following User Says Thank You to kcipopnevets For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets

You can attempt to root using Motorola Pie from jcase. In terms of downgrading, unless you have an unlocked bootloader, you're out of luck due to the bootloader security check.

Just to be perfectly clear, I can downgrade if I have unlocked bootloader?
4th July 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 51

309 posts
Donate to Me
More
I THINK, I THINK, I THINK.... that you can downgrade if you flash manually everything EXCEPT the motoboot.img
4th July 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Staten Island

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaldw10

Just to be perfectly clear, I can downgrade if I have unlocked bootloader?

Yes, you can. Resources can be found HERE: http://waynekent.com/page8.html

However, never take the OTA on the custom FXZs. Your phone will be hard bricked.
5th July 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #6  

309 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, you can. Resources can be found HERE: http://waynekent.com/page8.html

However, never take the OTA on the custom FXZs. Your phone will be hard bricked.

Well, not hard bricked, I bought a Droid Maxx that someone flashed the Moto X 4.4.2 bootloader, and tried to flash the old Maxx one, just flashed again the Moto X bootloader and problem fixed.
5th July 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #7  
Flag Staten Island

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad

Well, not hard bricked, I bought a Droid Maxx that someone flashed the Moto X 4.4.2 bootloader, and tried to flash the old Maxx one, just flashed again the Moto X bootloader and problem fixed.

I meant if you take an OTA prompt whilst on the incomplete downgraded firmware, the phone will become an unrecoverable paperweight once it tries to go to recovery

Why someone would mess with bootloaders is beyond comprehension. Glad your Maxx is up and running!
5th July 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #8  

309 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I meant if you take an OTA prompt whilst on the incomplete downgraded firmware, the phone will become an unrecoverable paperweight once it tries to go to recovery

Why someone would mess with bootloaders is beyond comprehension. Glad your Maxx is up and running!

The 4.4.2 on the Moto X is running the 30.B4 bootloader, in theory, if we receive and upgrade to 4.4.2 or better, is probably that bootloader is bundled to the OTA, so I think i'm going to be fine... I hope.
5th July 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #9  
Flag Staten Island

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad

The 4.4.2 on the Moto X is running the 30.B4 bootloader, in theory, if we receive and upgrade to 4.4.2 or better, is probably that bootloader is bundled to the OTA, so I think i'm going to be fine... I hope.

My theory, as long as the phone is operational, everything's fine. Be happy you managed to revive it, man!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread