[Q] Droid Maxx 4.2.2 sunshine unlock, how to get to 4.4.4?

OP MastermindPK

12th October 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So i held out taking the otas for a while to avoid losing root and am still on 4.2.2 post camera update. I know, it's sad, but I have root so i haven't been dying to update.

However, i just saw that sunshine will unlock my bootloader, which I'm going to do. What I'm confused about though is once i unlock my bootloader, how do I get to 4.4.4? Can I just revert everything to stock and take all of the otas (and then flash twrp to get root)? I heard that something in one of the otas changed something with the bootloader, so i don't know if taking that would cause problems with an unlocked bootloader or make me lose my unlocked status. Either way, could i just flash a 4.4.4 image directly from 4.2.2? If so where do i get a stock image to flash? Thanks for any help!
16th October 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Once you have successfully unlocked, make sure you are status 3 unlocked in fastboot.

Once confirmed, you can use the rsd lite, and use the stock firmware from:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/

Next, flash twrp for the ghost from their website.
Lastly if you want root flash supersu.
16th October 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
So can I flash a different OS version from the site that you linked? Or is that just to return to stock in anticipation of flashing TWRP and using that to flash a later android version?
16th October 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

211 posts
rule of thumb is you cannot downgrade, only upgrade or revert to the same version you are already on
17th October 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
This seemed like the easiest route to a rooted 4.4.4... Unlock bootloader via Sunshine, and proceed as instructed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...4-pre-t2883131

Data remains intact, unlocked bootloader warning on boot logo fixed, and TWRP (or Philz) flashed as recovery. Super easy. Good times.
24th October 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #6  
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 152

575 posts
More
Deleted. Redundant post.

Sent from my DROID Maxx
Last edited by kude87; 24th October 2014 at 04:34 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread