Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid Maxx Battery capacity decreased fast ?

Tip us?

pujdo1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Droid Maxx Battery capacity decreased fast ?

my droid maxx had in the beginning of july a battery capacity of 3488 mah. now the current capacity is 3130mah. i already tried to recalibrate the battery with recharging it from 0 (when the phone turns off because it has no power) but that didnt helped. i am using battery monitor to look at the capacity. as i live in germany, i am using an samsung plug for charging. the original plug from the droid maxx delivers 5v and 1150ma. my charger delivers 5v and 1000ma, so it shouldnt make that problem.

is my battery still ok or have you any ideas ?

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujdo1 View Post
my droid maxx had in the beginning of july a battery capacity of 3488 mah. now the current capacity is 3130mah. i already tried to recalibrate the battery with recharging it from 0 (when the phone turns off because it has no power) but that didnt helped. i am using battery monitor to look at the capacity. as i live in germany, i am using an samsung plug for charging. the original plug from the droid maxx delivers 5v and 1150ma. my charger delivers 5v and 1000ma, so it shouldnt make that problem.

is my battery still ok or have you any ideas ?
I think the 150 ma loss may be a problem.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

pujdo1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
I think the 150 ma loss may be a problem.
i dont think so, it is better to charge with lower ma than with higher..

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
i dont think so, it is better to charge with lower ma than with higher..
That's not true. It's better for the battery to be kept between about 40 and 80 percent and the battery will last longer with a lot of small charges rather than a small number of big charges. Depleting the battery regularly is not good for it.

See http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...battery-redux/ and http://mashable.com/2014/06/18/phone-charging-myths/

You can also read some more technical info at http://batteryuniversity.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Oy. Big debate.. To each their own I guess.

My battery lasts just as long as day 1. I use the 2.1a micro usb led AC charger sold at Verizon made by fonas. I top off from 30 to 90-95. Yes it's protected from over charging. But letting your battery drop below 20 is not good.

I do a full cycle once a month from 15 to 100%

Is your phone under warranty? There aren't any 32gb droid maxx models currently listed on swappa.com they tend to sell more than the 16gbs new.

pujdo1
Old
(Last edited by pujdo1; 24th August 2014 at 03:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
there can i look how much warranty i have ?

pujdo1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
i still have warranty for my droid maxx until november 2014. but i am living in germany and using it here. the phone has no bad esn or something like that. could i still get help ? even if it is the battery ?

also i have unlocked my bootloader with the chinese guy...

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
i still have warranty for my droid maxx until november 2014. but i am living in germany and using it here. the phone has no bad esn or something like that. could i still get help ? even if it is the battery ?

also i have unlocked my bootloader with the chinese guy...
Ehh.... You may or may not have any luck sending in to Motorola. They may say your warranty is voided. Then again they may replace your battery.

I don't know how reliant you are on the root or unlock. Because there is an exploit under works to do just that.

I'd say just keep it and use it until something better comes out and sell it then.

Or sell it and try finding a replacement that's on older firmware or just get it and wait for the new exploit.

I would like to think there are probably many people over seas who would love to buy your phone. Just be honest when you sell it and say what the reported capacity is.

In the mean time, for better battery life,
Install one power guard not pro in play store. Choose ai mode.

Also install greenify and donate version, enable in xposed, greenify every app and a few system apps.