Droid Mini XT1030 keeps Reverting Back

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By geektbee, Junior Member on 21st October 2015, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Okay, so I've searched and searched and searched, but still am stuck; so I'm posting.

I have a rooted Droid Mini XT1030, KitKat 4.4.4 SU6-7.2.
It still has the locked bootloader, though. My question is: Does the device need to have it's bootloader unlocked for /system/media/ to stay permanently to what I set it as?

I ask, because, I can replace the zip with a different one and then perform a Soft Reboot with Xposed, and the boot animation works beautifully.... but only one time; a subsequent Soft Reboot puts the unit in a never-boot state. Upon any standard Reboot, the first boot typically returns with the generic silver "android" animation and never boots, and then I hard power off, and the original "Drooiiidt" animation returns at second boot.

Yes, I've set permissions on the zip to 644 (and even 544, and even 000!).
Yes, I'm in permissive mode.
Yes, I have a rooted device (albeit for a seemingly short time, keep reading), per the post here and RootJunky's series.
Yes, I have SuperSU.
All checkers (SuperSU checker, Root checker, BusyBox checker) show green lights everywhere.

And as an added bonus, I've noticed that after about 25-45 seconds of making any changes in (at least) /system, the device seems to forget that I had root access and I have to perform a Soft Reboot to get the mount back to rw. So, when I copy the zip file over the one in /system/media, my heart rate speeds up because my fingers have to move so fast to get permissions set correctly after pasting the file. This makes me wonder if I've installed some thing somewhere incorrectly; but I have root access for a time so at least I know the animation file looks nice. But, then to get the unit back to the way I like it (rabbit trail here), I have to open Xposed, install framework, hit cancel, and then hit Soft Reboot. Then I can start experimenting again. I have tried the zip file xfer thing after a standard reboot as well, but it's immediately reverting back to standard boot animation without even acting like I made any changes anywhere.

But I'm experimented out and the only thing next I can think of is that the bootloader is changing the zip back and needs to be unlocked to stop it...... unless someone else can come up with any other theories.... ?
Last edited by geektbee; 21st October 2015 at 10:48 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread