FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What's your next phone?

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Carrzy, Senior Member on 1st October 2015, 07:56 PM
Post Answer Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I think it's time a retire my maxx as my daily and i'm leaning towards either the Moto X Play or the Nexus 6P. I Love moto actions and especially love moto display and the lower price. However I think the 6P is a better all around phone. thoughts?

What about 6P running the 3rd party AC Display?

Thanks for the input
Add a Comment

8 Answers

3rd October 2015, 12:50 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
3 Votes
Already ordered my Nexus 6P. Farewell painful update wait time
doogald 6th October 2015, 09:11 PM
I bought an iPhone 6s. It's already received two OTA updates; the battery lasts just as long as the Maxx did, with a battery half the size.

The new Moto X phone is too large. I may have been tempted by the Nexus 5x, but really I thought it was time to try iOS for a while. So far I'm extremely happy with it. There are a few things I miss from Android and the Moto build (mostly active display), but really not much. The iPhone is great.
Add a Comment
2nd October 2015, 08:20 PM |#2  
Flag Dodgeville, WI
Thanks Meter: 83

More
0 Votes
I'm leaning towards the Moto X Pure Edition (aka Style). I like the moto additions, and the price is right. Only thing that worries me is the battery. Maxx goes forever, so not sure I'd be happy going back to a "normal" phone.
Add a Comment
6th October 2015, 02:20 AM |#4  
Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 22

More
0 Votes
Preordered a Nexus 5X. Not as nice as the 6P, but I'm not interested in a 6" phone. Looking forward to regular updates, and the ability to use any carrier.
Add a Comment
8th October 2015, 06:04 AM |#6  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 20

More
0 Votes
I grabbed a Moto X 2012 a while back.
Add a Comment
9th October 2015, 07:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
0 Votes
Seriously considering the Lumia 950. The Maxx is my daily driver now, but there's so many small, unfixable issues with it (plus not having unlocked bootloader).
romma1 13th October 2015, 06:32 PM
Whatever I get, I want it to have an unlockable bootloader, and regular development for custom roms etc. The modern phones do not need any of this for performance (overall), I just miss plinking around.
Add a Comment
14th October 2015, 09:55 PM |#9  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 68

More
0 Votes
I have a iPhone 6s on order, but it was just to get on contract for 2 yrs before the price hike for UDP. The Maxx will always be one of my favorite and will probably switch back and forth between the two devices. Will sell the Moto X DE when the iPhone arrives.
Add a Comment
14th October 2015, 10:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
0 Votes
Well, the only relatively new phones with nice fingerprint scanner and wireless charging are Samsung Galaxy S6 or Samsung Note 5 (I hate curved displays).
Add a Comment
21st October 2015, 10:16 PM |#11  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 68

More
0 Votes
Been using the iPhone 6s for the past few days and the battery life just about matches the MAXX. The MAXX is just the perfect size, I find the 6s' screen a hair too small. The 6s+ is way too big for me to carry around, more for women w/ purse. The iPhone is definitely snappier than the MAXX but is only really noticeable when multitasking or working the phone hard. Normal use, the Exodus ROM and Megatron Kernel runs extremely well. The main difference between the MAXX and the iPhone is the camera. I cuss out the MAXX quite often when I'm trying to capture a moment and the camera fails me by either initializing too slow or snapping crappy blurry pictures. No longer an issue now that I have the 6s, the camera is incredible. I'm going to order some Moment lenses and put the DSLR away for good. Overall, I still love the MAXX. I expected to be blown away once I made the switch but that is not the case. I'm typing this on the MAXX, use it as a mini tablet. Carry it around the house as my chromecast remote and use it for other small tasks such as browse forums with Tapatalk. The battery lasts forever in airplane mode. Other words, if it was not for the crappy camera, I would put the iPhone on eBay and keep using the MAXX as my daily.
Add a Comment
Post Answer Subscribe to Thread

Answer Question (no urls or BBcode)
This form is used to answer the question presented at the top of this thread. If you are asking a clarifying question or want to comment on an existing answer, please click on the comment button below that post.