Unhappy droid ultra 4.4.4 not working for tmobile

OP DraghanC

2nd August 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
2 months ago a friend of mine bought himself a bad esn motorola droid ultra for Verizon carrier on ebay and it works for T-mobile and AT&T just fine. His droid ultra was running stock android 4.2.2. Just recently I bought myself a bad esn motorola droid ultra for verizon on craigslist that's running android 4.4.4. I'm with T-mobile service, but I like verizon phones so I bought it thinking that it would work for T-mobile. Unfortunately to my surprise when I put in my T-mobile nano simcard, I notice that for the first 2 seconds it would seem like it's connecting because I can see two white bars then all of a sudden it would vanish. And all I see is a black triangle with dark-gray lines next to the wifi signal indicator, and not only that but I would also see something that reads: RESTRICTED ACCESS CHANGED on the upper top left corner. I tried changing the settings to GSM only and still that doesn't work. I tried using the Phone Info app to tweak the settings and still that doesn't work. So my best guesses are 1) sim tray is bad. 2) it has a bad esn so verizon blocked the phone from being used because an Apple tech person told me that Verizon, T-mobile, and AT&T shares one database where they keep and block all bad esn phones. 3) Motorola disabled the gsm radio on the 4.4.4 android update because Verizon didn't want people on T-mobile service using this particular droid ultra phone on the T-mobile network, so that's why Motorola was so quick to release the 4.4.4 android update for it. Well what other reasons for it not working for T-mobile I don't know. I guess I'm stuck with a giant ipod-touch like android media player. Any suggestions on how to get T-mobile to work on it would be great.
3rd August 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #2  
The Sim may be bad. My tmo Sim just went bad.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
4th August 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @work

The Sim may be bad. My tmo Sim just went bad.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just went tried it with an AT&T nano sim-card from my brother's iphone 5, and the droid ultra was able to pick up signal; and make phone calls and send text messages right off the bat. I figure it could be my T-mobile card so I went and bought a regular standard size T-mobile sim-card, and had it trim down into a nano size sim-card; but unfortunately it still wouldn't work. So my guess is that in order for the droid ultra to recognize the T-mobile sim-card it has to be an original nano sim-card. I will go to Tmobile store and buy a nano sim-card and see if it will make any difference. Thanks for your suggestion.
6th August 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraghanC

2 months ago a friend of mine bought himself a bad esn motorola droid ultra for Verizon carrier on ebay and it works for T-mobile and AT&T just fine. His droid ultra was running stock android 4.2.2. Just recently I bought myself a bad esn motorola droid ultra for verizon on craigslist that's running android 4.4.4. I'm with T-mobile service, but I like verizon phones so I bought it thinking that it would work for T-mobile. Unfortunately to my surprise when I put in my T-mobile nano simcard, I notice that for the first 2 seconds it would seem like it's connecting because I can see two white bars then all of a sudden it would vanish. And all I see is a black triangle with dark-gray lines next to the wifi signal indicator, and not only that but I would also see something that reads: RESTRICTED ACCESS CHANGED on the upper top left corner. I tried changing the settings to GSM only and still that doesn't work. I tried using the Phone Info app to tweak the settings and still that doesn't work. So my best guesses are 1) sim tray is bad. 2) it has a bad esn so verizon blocked the phone from being used because an Apple tech person told me that Verizon, T-mobile, and AT&T shares one database where they keep and block all bad esn phones. 3) Motorola disabled the gsm radio on the 4.4.4 android update because Verizon didn't want people on T-mobile service using this particular droid ultra phone on the T-mobile network, so that's why Motorola was so quick to release the 4.4.4 android update for it. Well what other reasons for it not working for T-mobile I don't know. I guess I'm stuck with a giant ipod-touch like android media player. Any suggestions on how to get T-mobile to work on it would be great.

Dude any bad esn from verizon is not going to work with tmobile anymore. T-Mobile and verizon now share block list. At&t doesn't share verizon's bad imei thats why it works with at&t. Before Verizon bad esn phones worked with T-Mobile now it doesn't.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread