Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Post Reply

Droid maxx battery problem

OP Black Metal

4th July 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #1  
Black Metal's Avatar
OP Member
Flag c.f.z
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
hey there!
the title is right! i have a serious problem with my maxx's battery.
i searched in xda forum but i couldn't catch any same results. first i should tell u that i'm not living in U.S so I'm not using 4g LTE...
my droid maxx battery is draining really fast. it can't stand more than a single day of normal usage,the same results of the ultra. I'm not using any mobile networks,I'm just using wi-fi for internet connections. but the result on battery monitoring says that the screen is draining battery,which i dont use it really much! in the battery section in setting,screen used about 46%!!! for example i just unlocked the phone for checking it's battery,2 times in just 30 minutes,and each time the screen went on,the battery percentage got down by 1%. I was using a droid maxx HD before,its battery could run for more than 3 days for me on a normal usage! but my maxx barely goes more than a single day. what can i do? change battery? or any changing in software?
i'm on 4.4 android,not rooted.
i should add that it's about 17 hours which i'm on safe mode,in this 13 hours i was sleeping about 9 hours.and when i started on safe mode it had 62% of battery. now it's 42%!!!!!

sorry for bad english,
thanks for helping
4th July 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Have you thought about switching batteries?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Metal

hey there!
the title is right! i have a serious problem with my maxx's battery.
i searched in xda forum but i couldn't catch any same results. first i should tell u that i'm not living in U.S so I'm not using 4g LTE...
my droid maxx battery is draining really fast. it can't stand more than a single day of normal usage,the same results of the ultra. I'm not using any mobile networks,I'm just using wi-fi for internet connections. but the result on battery monitoring says that the screen is draining battery,which i dont use it really much! in the battery section in setting,screen used about 46%!!! for example i just unlocked the phone for checking it's battery,2 times in just 30 minutes,and each time the screen went on,the battery percentage got down by 1%. I was using a droid maxx HD before,its battery could run for more than 3 days for me on a normal usage! but my maxx barely goes more than a single day. what can i do? change battery? or any changing in software?
i'm on 4.4 android,not rooted.
i should add that it's about 17 hours which i'm on safe mode,in this 13 hours i was sleeping about 9 hours.and when i started on safe mode it had 62% of battery. now it's 42%!!!!!

sorry for bad english,
thanks for helping

Have you replaced your manufacturer battery with a new battery? If so where did you purchase it at?
4th July 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
Black Metal's Avatar
OP Member
Flag c.f.z
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenbatteriesOwner

Have you replaced your manufacturer battery with a new battery? If so where did you purchase it at?

I bought the phone from ebay everything of the phone works normally and it does not get hot. and how can i know if the battery is original or not? (i used a program to get the battery details...it did not give me the result about a fake battery.)
should i open the phone?
(I'm not sure about this,but i think battery is original,cause in motorola forums i read some similar problems...but they changed their phones in verizon stores,which i don't have access to them)
4th July 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Metal

I bought the phone from ebay everything of the phone works normally and it does not get hot. and how can i know if the battery is original or not? (i used a program to get the battery details...it did not give me the result about a fake battery.)
should i open the phone?
(I'm not sure about this,but i think battery is original,cause in motorola forums i read some similar problems...but they changed their phones in verizon stores,which i don't have access to them)

I wouldn't open the phone up to check. if the phone has a removable back on it that you can take off to look and see if the manufacturer has put their name on it. Otherwise, there isn't a good way to check I guess. Sorry
4th July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #5  
Black Metal's Avatar
OP Member
Flag c.f.z
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
is there any software which can check this out?
4th July 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 51
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Well, you can buy a new battery on ebay, that's what I'm going to do, I'm using an Ultra battery for now, the XT1080M batteries are between 30-35 on ebay, and I consider it very cheap for the capacity.
4th July 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #7  
Black Metal's Avatar
OP Member
Flag c.f.z
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad

Well, you can buy a new battery on ebay, that's what I'm going to do, I'm using an Ultra battery for now, the XT1080M batteries are between 30-35 on ebay, and I consider it very cheap for the capacity.

you know,it's a good choice,but if i buy a battery,i have to change it by myself...so i should open the back of the phone by myself...and as u can see i live in iran,it takes about a month to recive the battery. so if i have to order a new battery, I have to make sure about the battery..any ideas for knowing the originality of battery by any software?
4th July 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Metal

is there any software which can check this out?

Not that I am aware of. You would have to buy a new battery and see if it helps. I suggest a Mugen battery. Have a great weekend!
4th July 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #9  
Black Metal's Avatar
OP Member
Flag c.f.z
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
battery is original
4th July 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 51
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Well, they said that the way to calibrate the battery is use it until is depleted, then... when its off connect it to the wall charger and don't turn the phone on until the battery icon marks 100%, turn it on and it is supposed to be calibrated, or I don't know...

For the battery swapping, you need the Motorola EU40 battery, thats the MAXX one, a Torx 3 screwdriver, a Torx 5 screwdriver and a plastic prying tool... you can search in Google on how to open the Droid Ultra/Maxx and it's easy, if you have the correct screwdrivers of couser... Good Luck!
Last edited by joel_sinbad; 5th July 2014 at 05:20 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to joel_sinbad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes