Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,588 Members 47,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid Maxx stock boot animation

Tip us?

rboutin2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Droid Maxx stock boot animation

Does anyone have a copy of the stock droid maxx boot animation? The one with the red that flashes to the eye? All the system dumps I've found have just a plain android logo, no droid eye. I had a brain fart and changed mine using rom toolbox before I backed up the stock one.

Here's a youtube video of it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNDCVtDSu0E

kcipopnevets
Old
Thanks Meter 30
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctdwlic5lm...tanimation.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d50a2u9550whwi/droidpu.ogg
Here you go! The animation and the sound.
I'MANUTCASEANDALLILISTENTOISMETAL
HTC Rezound, BROKEN
Droid MAXX XT1080M("DEV"), KitKat stock, UNLOCKED(!!!!!!!!!) and rooted
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

rboutin2
Old
(Last edited by rboutin2; 16th August 2014 at 01:16 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets View Post
This is weird. i put it into the system/media folder, and it literally just has the words android, and it has like a shiny wipe across it as it boots. that's it. It is the same animation I got from the 19.6.3 system dump files too. It definitely isn't the animation that was on my phone before. Any suggestions?

Edit: I also just looked at the files in the .zip and they are definitely what is supposed to be there. Why is it showing the plain android instead of the normal animation?

Edit 2: Also, when I go into rom toolbox and preview the current animation, it loads and plays just how it's supposed too, sound and all.

kcipopnevets
Old
(Last edited by kcipopnevets; 16th August 2014 at 01:18 AM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboutin2 View Post
This is weird. i put it into the system/media folder, and it literally just has the words android, and it has like a shiny wipe across it as it boots. that's it. It is the same animation I got from the 19.6.3 system dump files too. It definitely isn't the animation that was on my phone before. Any suggestions?

I also just looked at the files in the .zip and they are definitely what is supposed to be there. Why is it showing the plain android instead of the normal animation?
You aren't setting permissions correctly. Use a file manager like ES File Explorer and on each of the two items I gave you, go to properties and change their permissions to rw-r-r. The weird "android" is defaulted when there is no boot animation, by the way. :P
HTC Rezound, BROKEN
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

kcipopnevets
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Use this photo for reference if you don't understand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-15-20-19-13.png
Views:	53
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	2898854  
HTC Rezound, BROKEN
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

rboutin2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets View Post
You aren't setting permissions correctly. Use a file manager like ES File Explorer and on each of the two items I gave you, go to properties and change their permissions to rw-r-r. The weird "android" is defaulted when there is no boot animation, by the way. :P
Thank you! thank you! thank you!!! I had read about setting permissions, but Completely had another brain fart moment lol! I am not with it today. Time to put down the phone and stop trying to mod with a foggy brain