Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Droid Ultra root 4.4.4?

OP Zak_MCUlltraDroid

28th August 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up root for droid ultra not possible
Hi everyone,

Motorola has locked droid ultra's boatloader so in near future there will no root for droid ultra. The only way is to throw away the mobile phones. Firstly buying such priced phones, and again waiting for root, developers ROM is not expected. Better buy galaxy s3 or even galaxy s2.
28th August 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #12  
Flag MAYFIELD, KY
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Dhabe

Hi everyone,

Motorola has locked droid ultra's boatloader so in near future there will no root for droid ultra. The only way is to throw away the mobile phones. Firstly buying such priced phones, and again waiting for root, developers ROM is not expected. Better buy galaxy s3 or even galaxy s2.

I dont know about you but I have several rooted n romed phones n would trade em 4 an unlocked boot for this ultra! haha
28th August 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #13  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,823

2,757 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Dhabe

Hi everyone,

Wut?
The Following User Says Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
I think it was incoherent thought...........rotflmao

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #15  
Flag Atlantic City
Thanks Meter: 10

87 posts
More
don't understand
First off, I checked the other post out with the China middleman. How is it that he can take are imei# and unlock our bootloaders but we can't find some software to do it ourselves. I've paid for many lock codes the same way thru eBay. I'm hip to rooting , using custom Roms, etc. But this is just a thought, using the imei I suppose this middle man has to go thru Verizon, or moto to get the unlock code that is supplied to us as customers. What I don't understand is the phone has to recognize that code, almost as if it's a preprogrammed code. So the phone must already have the code or a algorithm of it stored somewhere in the internal or boot loader. So why is it that we can't find a way or software to extract it. Or maybe even a program that will generate such code by using the imei.

And from what I've read on that middleman post, are they saying that moto will give u the code if you go to there site and ask for it, but in return it does void warranty. I have a spring s4, but recently bought this off a family member, do to cricket wanting all there customers to upgrade devices to GSM. I should've asked my uncle to have Verizon unlock the BL first. However, I didn't kno this device was locked up so damn tight. It's starting to remind me of my S4 thru Verizon with the ME7 BL. Geez.

My last question is even though I don't have an account with Verizon, would they supply me with the unlock code. The device is clean 360 degrees.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread