How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Enable On Screen Navbar 23.3.23?

OP bendrum30

20th October 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

57 posts
I updated to the soak build 23.3.23 for the Maxx. I enabled On Screen Navbar on previous system, but that mod is not flashing via TWRP because the system doesn't match. Anyone have any idea how to enable On Screen Navbar on the new 23.3.23 build?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my XT1080 Developer Edition using Tapatalk
20th October 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 3,335

2,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
Update the bottom of the build.prop with

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

using root explorer in text editor mode, saved changes and reboot. Once rebooted you should have onscreen nav keys, Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrum30

I updated to the soak build 23.3.23 for the Maxx. I enabled On Screen Navbar on previous system, but that mod is not flashing via TWRP because the system doesn't match. Anyone have any idea how to enable On Screen Navbar on the new 23.3.23 build?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Following User Says Thank You to Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

57 posts
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, adding that to the build.prop on the Maxx doesn't do the job. There needs to be modification in the framework-res.apk. I tried to modify it with apktool and install, but it bootlooped me. Like an idiot, I didn't make a backup and there is no fxz out there currently....oops. I was able to flash TopSnake's ROM, so at least my phone is working now. I'll be holding my breath until fxz is released.

20th October 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

223 posts
you could also just use xposed + gravity box to enable onscreen Nav buttons. Only difference I believe is that GB does not disable the physical nav buttons
The Following User Says Thank You to asuhoops8628 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #5  
Flag wood dale
Thanks Meter: 151

1,786 posts
More
[QUOTE=asuhoops8628;56159426]you could also just use xposed + gravity box to enable onscreen Nav buttons. Only difference I believe is that GB does not disable the physical nav buttons[/QUOTE

How much real estate do you gain if any by on screen nav keys?
24th October 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

223 posts
[QUOTE=wooddale;56246282]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuhoops8628

you could also just use xposed + gravity box to enable onscreen Nav buttons. Only difference I believe is that GB does not disable the physical nav buttons[/QUOTE

How much real estate do you gain if any by on screen nav keys?

You lose real estate, since they pop up on the bottom.

I used a combo of this mod + Gravity Box when I had cracked my screen and it messed up the sensor in the physical nav buttons.
24th October 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #7  
Flag wood dale
Thanks Meter: 151

1,786 posts
More
[QUOTE=asuhoops8628;56247201]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooddale

You lose real estate, since they pop up on the bottom.

I used a combo of this mod + Gravity Box when I had cracked my screen and it messed up the sensor in the physical nav buttons.

Thanks that's what I thought you can't get rid of the stock nav keys to gain real estate like on the Moto X.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread