I goofed some things up

OP bluebloomers

6th July 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pheonix
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
More
While de-bloating my newly rooted Maxx I seem to have deleted something I rather should have not, which has caused all ota attempts to fail horrendously in a ball of android-with-an-red-triangle-coming-out-of-it colored fire.
While I could just restore and then re-root and then get back my data, I thought it would be better to just restore the .apk's and such that I had deleted from /system/app.
I tried and tried to unpack a stock system.img, but every which way I tried always failed somehow.

So, I need help either
1) unpacking the system image properly, or transplanting the apk's from a other phone,
2) being told how this process wouldn't work in the first place and I should just reset,
3) finding out that the ota problem is completely unrelated to the bloatware deletion.

Thanks in advance

(Device info: Droid Maxx, rooted, w/p off; SuperSU, and SafeStrap on board)
6th July 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 183

541 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebloomers

While de-bloating my newly rooted Maxx I seem to have deleted something I rather should have not, which has caused all ota attempts to fail horrendously in a ball of android-with-an-red-triangle-coming-out-of-it colored fire.
While I could just restore and then re-root and then get back my data, I thought it would be better to just restore the .apk's and such that I had deleted from /system/app.
I tried and tried to unpack a stock system.img, but every which way I tried always failed somehow.

So, I need help either
1) unpacking the system image properly, or transplanting the apk's from a other phone,
2) being told how this process wouldn't work in the first place and I should just reset,
3) finding out that the ota problem is completely unrelated to the bloatware deletion.

Thanks in advance

(Device info: Droid Maxx, rooted, w/p off; SuperSU, and SafeStrap on board)

Here is the system dump. Will have all the apks you need. Just download and use whatever you need.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2760334

[System Dump] Droid Maxx Version 19.6.3

Sent From My Droid Ultra
The Following User Says Thank You to Caseyk621 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pheonix
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
More
That dump did the trick!
Thanks