[Q] Phone freezing and resetting...hardware failure?

OP empoweredh22

3rd September 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

68 posts
My phone works perfect when connected to a power source, though it doesn't charge. It does charge wirelessly. When I disconnect the phone from power, it freezes. If I plug it back in within a second or 2 it starts working again. If not, it resets itself. It doesn't boot past the M screen, however. It just bootloops at the M screen until I plug it in again.

I can get to fastboot. If I issue a restart command via fastboot then unplug it it works fine til the next time I plug it in and try to unplug. It still doesn't charge with a cable though.

I used fastboot to completely reformat everything back to 19.6.3 stock. Exact same problem.

Any other ideas? Is this a hardware issue? Is it time to make a claim?

Thanks guys!
3rd September 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 520

2,553 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoweredh22

My phone works perfect when connected to a power source, though it doesn't charge. It does charge wirelessly. When I disconnect the phone from power, it freezes. If I plug it back in within a second or 2 it starts working again. If not, it resets itself. It doesn't boot past the M screen, however. It just bootloops at the M screen until I plug it in again.

I can get to fastboot. If I issue a restart command via fastboot then unplug it it works fine til the next time I plug it in and try to unplug. It still doesn't charge with a cable though.

I used fastboot to completely reformat everything back to 19.6.3 stock. Exact same problem.

Any other ideas? Is this a hardware issue? Is it time to make a claim?

Thanks guys!

You downgraded? From what? Never downgrade.
3rd September 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

68 posts
I didn't downgrade. I was always at 19.6.3. Indeed, never downgraded. Never took the 4.4.4 update due to the issues with rooting on it. All of this just started happening on its own with increasing frequency over the last week or 10 days. No changes were made in terms of rom, firmware build, etc. (I had frozen MotorolaOTA apk with Titanium but I un-froze it just to check and still had the same problem).
3rd September 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 520

2,553 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoweredh22

I didn't downgrade. I was always at 19.6.3. Indeed, never downgraded. Never took the 4.4.4 update due to the issues with rooting on it. All of this just started happening on its own with increasing frequency over the last week or 10 days. No changes were made in terms of rom, firmware build, etc. (I had frozen MotorolaOTA apk with Titanium but I un-froze it just to check and still had the same problem).

Are you sure the fastboot steps you performed are equivalent to what RSD & the XML do?
4th September 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

68 posts
Yes, except it doesn't require that xml modification step. I've used the same steps (and the same files) to reformat in the past. The exact thing I did was method 2 of this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2580060

Thanks for the thoughts guys!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread