[Q] quick thought question...

8th July 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #1  
Ok so there are some people (like me) who bought they're Motorola Droid MAXX/Ultra/Mini with what I believe is the first OTA KitKat update... What if we factory reset our devices? Wouldnt that send the phone back to when we first got it? which would be root-able? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it would send the phone back to how it was when it first came out the box. The 4.4 update with the blue hue :P

Side question... when you do the Easter egg... Why does an "S" pop up?
9th July 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 134

475 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Heroine

Ok so there are some people (like me) who bought they're Motorola Droid MAXX/Ultra/Mini with what I believe is the first OTA KitKat update... What if we factory reset our devices? Wouldnt that send the phone back to when we first got it? which would be root-able? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it would send the phone back to how it was when it first came out the box. The 4.4 update with the blue hue :P

No, factory reset does not change the system software in anyway...just deletes all of the data
9th July 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

67 posts
Quote:

You can use rsd lite to go back to 19.5.3 to get the blue hue back

Rooted Droid Ultra
9th July 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 315

1,312 posts
Quote:

The first letter of the build number of the phone pops up. On nexus devices and now the Moto X, that's a "K" for kitkat, presumably. When 4.4 first came out on the X it was a "1". The build number on our phones is SU2-3.3 (currently).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread