Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 41,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] quick thought question...

Tip us?

Pure Heroine
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] quick thought question...

Ok so there are some people (like me) who bought they're Motorola Droid MAXX/Ultra/Mini with what I believe is the first OTA KitKat update... What if we factory reset our devices? Wouldnt that send the phone back to when we first got it? which would be root-able? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it would send the phone back to how it was when it first came out the box. The 4.4 update with the blue hue :P

Side question... when you do the Easter egg... Why does an "S" pop up?

Metfanant
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Heroine View Post
Ok so there are some people (like me) who bought they're Motorola Droid MAXX/Ultra/Mini with what I believe is the first OTA KitKat update... What if we factory reset our devices? Wouldnt that send the phone back to when we first got it? which would be root-able? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it would send the phone back to how it was when it first came out the box. The 4.4 update with the blue hue :P

No, factory reset does not change the system software in anyway...just deletes all of the data

Cgordon17
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

You can use rsd lite to go back to 19.5.3 to get the blue hue back

Rooted Droid Ultra

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Quote:
The first letter of the build number of the phone pops up. On nexus devices and now the Moto X, that's a "K" for kitkat, presumably. When 4.4 first came out on the X it was a "1". The build number on our phones is SU2-3.3 (currently).