Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap...

Tip us?
 
blu422
Old
#1  
blu422's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 335
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bountiful, UT
Default Safestrap...

so I'm on 4.4 with safestrap and i want to install the moto x PA on it. if i add a boot slot and install it onto the boot slot then fastboot flash the boot.img from PA will it work? is it safe to try?
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Any spare time? Check this out.
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 2,400
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu422 View Post
so I'm on 4.4 with safestrap and i want to install the moto x PA on it. if i add a boot slot and install it onto the boot slot then fastboot flash the boot.img from PA will it work? is it safe to try?
Boot & recovery cannot be changed on a locked phone without a Moto signed process, like the OTA update or firmware restore.
So no way.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
blu422
Old
#3  
blu422's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 335
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bountiful, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
Boot & recovery cannot be changed on a locked phone without a Moto signed process, like the OTA update or firmware restore.
So no way.
Can I even safe strap stock based roms? Do the ROM slots still not work would I have to overwrite the system? I'm pretty much just looking for some way to be able to send texts without having to switch to GSM only away from Global/LTE. (I'm using this phone on T-Mobile.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Any spare time? Check this out.
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 2,400
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu422 View Post
Can I even safe strap stock based roms? Do the ROM slots still not work would I have to overwrite the system? I'm pretty much just looking for some way to be able to send texts without having to switch to GSM only away from Global/LTE. (I'm using this phone on T-Mobile.
Maybe you still need STK slot. Just back up your STK first.
There is a X 444 ss ROM. Also the Russian SS Method in General
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
teerout
Old
#5  
teerout's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 112
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Asheville
being funny, i thought i could flash a stock based rom. and it worked. phone booted and everything. responded well....for all of about 3 minutes, and things quickly fell apart to the point it wouldn't even boot properly.
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
-Old engine builder from Buffalo
The Following User Says Thank You to teerout For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes