Wireless charging sound on Maxx

OP sabbotage

19th September 2013, 03:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100

544 posts
Has anyone been able to disable the wireless charging sound on the Maxx? I renamed the wireless charging sound in the notifications and ui folders both and then it defaulted to my default notification sound. So then I tried setting my default notification sound to none and now it plays some other weird sound. I want it completely gone and no sure what to try next.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
19th September 2013, 04:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbotage

Has anyone been able to disable the wireless charging sound on the Maxx? I renamed the wireless charging sound in the notifications and ui folders both and then it defaulted to my default notification sound. So then I tried setting my default notification sound to none and now it plays some other weird sound. I want it completely gone and no sure what to try next.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

I am having the same problem, this charging sound is highly annoying. I got a silent sound file and renamed it to wireless charging, then found the default sound and renamed it and saved to system/media. It worked for 2 days then for some reason came back. Maybe some backup file, I can't figure it out.
20th September 2013, 06:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh1999

I am having the same problem, this charging sound is highly annoying. I got a silent sound file and renamed it to wireless charging, then found the default sound and renamed it and saved to system/media. It worked for 2 days then for some reason came back. Maybe some backup file, I can't figure it out.

I'd like to know if anybody comes up with a solution to this, as well. I've got my Droid rooted and have renamed, replaced, and even removed all the "WirelessChargingStarted.ogg" files I could find and it always comes back! Anybody know of another way to get rid of this annoying soung?
25th September 2013, 12:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
Just curious why is it annoying? Now, if it made another noise when done charging, I would be annoyed too, because that would be sometime in the night when sleeping.
The Following User Says Thank You to djousma For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2013, 12:58 PM   |  #5  

10 posts
If your wife is in bed sleeping and you come in at night and place your phone on the charging pad, then this loud chime goes off in addition to a visual confirmation on the phone that it's charging, it's annoying. And coupled with visual indication that it's charging it's also unnecessary. I can see it being handy, but the sound needs to have the capability to be disabled.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to digitaltree515 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2013, 08:20 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaltree515

If your wife is in bed sleeping and you come in at night and place your phone on the charging pad, then this loud chime goes off in addition to a visual confirmation on the phone that it's charging, it's annoying. And coupled with visual indication that it's charging it's also unnecessary. I can see it being handy, but the sound needs to have the capability to be disabled.

Gotcha. thanks.
27th September 2013, 01:52 PM   |  #7  

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djousma

Gotcha. thanks.

Got my Ravpower wireless charger last night. Hard to tell if the beep is coming from the charger or phone!?!?

If from the phone, any solution to disable?
27th September 2013, 01:56 PM   |  #8  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ123

Got my Ravpower wireless charger last night. Hard to tell if the beep is coming from the charger or phone!?!?

If from the phone, any solution to disable?

There is a small beep that comes from the charger (I have the same one). But the loud chime comes from the phone. The small beep is soft and quiet enough that I don't care about it. But the damn chime from the phone is frustrating. I have to make sure my phone is either silent or the volume is turned way down before placing it on the charger. But I need to hear my phone if it rings at night for my job.

27th September 2013, 02:06 PM   |  #9  

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaltree515

There is a small beep that comes from the charger (I have the same one). But the loud chime comes from the phone. The small beep is soft and quiet enough that I don't care about it. But the damn chime from the phone is frustrating. I have to make sure my phone is either silent or the volume is turned way down before placing it on the charger. But I need to hear my phone if it rings at night for my job.

Mine phone was on vibrate and it must have beeped 4-5 times during the night! (again not sure if the beep was the phone or charger)

I am assuming the phone charges to 100%, then stops charging, discharges to 99%, then starts charging again, hence the beep!

Some advice please!!
27th September 2013, 02:24 PM   |  #10  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ123

Mine phone was on vibrate and it must have beeped 4-5 times during the night! (again not sure if the beep was the phone or charger)

I am assuming the phone charges to 100%, then stops charging, discharges to 99%, then starts charging again, hence the beep!

Some advice please!!

It does charge, stop, discharge, repeat, but from what I've seen with mine and the Rav the charger only beeps when you first put the phone on it (at least in my case) and the phone doesn't make its charging sound if the battery is above 90%. Have you moved your phone around on the charging pad? Maybe it's right at the edge of then inductors and the pad keeps thinking it lost then picked up the phone again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread