Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on blue Motorola logo and can't fastboot or adb

Tip us?

G33kman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Stuck on blue Motorola logo and can't fastboot or adb

Background Information:
Droid MAXX (XT1080)
Rooted
Write Protection - Off
Safestrap

Ok so I rooted my phone and turned write protection off and yesterday I couldn't get touchless control to train for the life of me so I decided to boot into safestrap this morning and I fixed permissions and then went to do a factory reset and selected format /system wihthout thinking about it...
Now all my phone does is turn on and stay at the blue Motorola logo...
So I tried to fastboot and rsdlite but neither will see the phone so I tried to adb devices -l and that won't see the phone either.
So any ideas on what I can do or did I hard brick my phone since write protection is off.

Thanks,
Ryan
Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant. - Mitchell Kapor
The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency.
The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency. - Bill Gates

HTC - G2 | Rooted Kernel'd ROM'd | RETIRED
XT912 | Rooted ROM'd | RETIRED
XT1080

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by G33kman View Post
Background Information:
Droid MAXX (XT1080)
Rooted
Write Protection - Off
Safestrap

Ok so I rooted my phone and turned write protection off and yesterday I couldn't get touchless control to train for the life of me so I decided to boot into safestrap this morning and I fixed permissions and then went to do a factory reset and selected format /system wihthout thinking about it...
Now all my phone does is turn on and stay at the blue Motorola logo...
So I tried to fastboot and rsdlite but neither will see the phone so I tried to adb devices -l and that won't see the phone either.
So any ideas on what I can do or did I hard brick my phone since write protection is off.

Thanks,
Ryan
Adb won't work unless you're booted to the OS. You need to boot into your bootloader. With vol off press and hold vol down and pwr for about 5 sec then release. This will get you into bootloader where you can use fastboot, rsd, and such.

Sent from My Droid Ultra

G33kman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyk621 View Post
Adb won't work unless you're booted to the OS. You need to boot into your bootloader. With vol off press and hold vol down and pwr for about 5 sec then release. This will get you into bootloader where you can use fastboot, rsd, and such.

Sent from My Droid Ultra
Yeah I tried booting into fastboot along with loading it into rsdlite but it didn't see the device since it wasn't really booting past the motorola logo. :/
Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant. - Mitchell Kapor
The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency.
The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency. - Bill Gates

XT1080

asuhoops8628
Old
Thanks Meter 22
If you are properly booting to the bootloader you should never see the moto logo.

Try this exactly (when the phone is stuck on the M):

1. Press Power and Vol - at the same time until the screen turns off

2. release power button once screen turns off, continue holding vol -

you should now be in the bootloader screen. Try it a couple of times if it doesnt work... I had this happen once or twice and it was a bitch to get the phone into the bootloader.
Droid Maxx XT1080 Developer Edition
Droid Maxx XT1080 Retail (Unlocked BL)

Nexus 7

OLD:
Razr Maxx XT912

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by G33kman View Post
Yeah I tried booting into fastboot along with loading it into rsdlite but it didn't see the device since it wasn't really booting past the motorola logo. :/
With all due respect, you must be doing something wrong or perhaps messing up some of the terminology. By following the steps I stated above it will boot your phone to the bootloader. It will say AP Fastboot mode at the top of the screen. And some other things. Then below that it will have your options in blue...normal power up, recovery, barcode...etc. Getting to that screen does not show the boot logo (in your case the Motorola logo) You also said you tried loading it into rsd. Well rsd won't work unless you're in fastboot mode ( the screen I mentioned above.)

Sent from My Droid Ultra

G33kman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I have been in the AP Fastboot mode plenty of times before with this phone and it's not working this time I have tried numerous times this morning. With the Write protection - off I'm assuming when I formatted the /System /data /Cache partitions it messed everything up...
I submitted a claim (my phone was stolen) and will be getting a replacement tomorrow.

XT1080
Tags
brick, format system partition, no fastboot, no recovery mode