Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchless Control

Tip us?

tombaldwin6
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Touchless Control

Is anyone else having a problem with their touch less controls. I can say OK google now and the phone will make a noise. But when google now opens it says " Sorry can't reach google right now ". Same goes for any other kind of voice driven function , texting by voice in the stock messaging app, search in the maps app. They all hive me the same reply. I've checked all my setting. Im at a complete loss

Rooted & unlocked. Otherwise stock .

Lordomn
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Have you updated your google search app?

tombaldwin6
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I used HOM and fxz'd my phone . The google vioce app now works but the Moto touchless controls still don't

basestamp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Google Now needs an active internet connection.

tombaldwin6
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I have tried everything. I've spoken to Verizon who then refered me to Moto. Who had clear partition caches to no avail. Any and all voice recognition on my phone has ceased to work. Sometimes Google will open up to say " Can't reach google at the moment ". However if I manually open the search box Google now and all my cards are there. If I then hit the microphone icon It will again say "Can't reach google at the moment ". I'm at my wits end here. This will happen weather Im using my wifi or 4G signal.

I've fxz'd and that didn't work. I will entertain any and all ideas.

jmaclean62
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Any resolution with the voice control problem? I am having the same problem with my Droid Maxx running 4.4.4. It just started this week and I have reset it, but that didn't solve the problem. I figured the old apps wouldn't have the same problem as the newer versions. Guess I was wrong. I am trying Verizon Repair assistant to see what it can do for me. We will see.
Droid Maxx 1080
Unlocked bootloader
android 4.4.4
rooted

and

and Asus TF101 Transformer
Android 4.4.4 KitKass Rom

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombaldwin6 View Post
I have tried everything. I've spoken to Verizon who then refered me to Moto. Who had clear partition caches to no avail. Any and all voice recognition on my phone has ceased to work. Sometimes Google will open up to say " Can't reach google at the moment ". However if I manually open the search box Google now and all my cards are there. If I then hit the microphone icon It will again say "Can't reach google at the moment ". I'm at my wits end here. This will happen weather Im using my wifi or 4G signal.

I've fxz'd and that didn't work. I will entertain any and all ideas.
Post your touchless/moto voice version from settings/app. They are interchangeable in name now. If you have the newest you must uninstall updates & retrain touchless voice.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

tombaldwin6
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I ended up FDRing the phone twice. The first time I let my apps reload automatically and my touchless control still didn't work. So I did it again, but the time I reloaded each app individually. Testing the touchless controls between each install. I ended up reinstalling every app but the one I thought was the culprit. This is no knock on the app I used it and I wish I could put it back in. Elixor2 has a setting where you can control and or turn on/off each of the sensors including the microphone. When I was having the problem I would go into elixir and see that my microphone was off and inaccessible. With out elixor2 on my phone I've had no more problems.

jmaclean62
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have done the same type thing as Tom Baldwin6. I "redid" my phone using the Verizon software installation assistant and did a "repair". I then rooted it using TWRP, and started adding stuff. I have not had the problem again as of now.

I was thinking it was the experimental app that was allowing me to mirror my phone using Chromecast, but I am using version 4 of that app and it is still working. I used version 5 before.

My phone hasn't had a problem again after 24 hours, but as I continue to add apps and check, eventually I may find another culprit. I will post here if I get it tracked down.
Droid Maxx 1080
Unlocked bootloader
android 4.4.4
rooted

and

and Asus TF101 Transformer
Android 4.4.4 KitKass Rom

tombaldwin6
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaclean62 View Post
I have done the same type thing as Tom Baldwin6. I "redid" my phone using the Verizon software installation assistant and did a "repair". I then rooted it using TWRP, and started adding stuff. I have not had the problem again as of now.

I was thinking it was the experimental app that was allowing me to mirror my phone using Chromecast, but I am using version 4 of that app and it is still working. I used version 5 before.

My phone hasn't had a problem again after 24 hours, but as I continue to add apps and check, eventually I may find another culprit. I will post here if I get it tracked down.

I suspected the the chromecast mirror as well It was one of the 1st apps I reloaded. But it wasn't it. I'm certain it has something to do with the microphone