Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ultra remote root

Tip us?

TRexombo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Ultra remote root

Hey guys, I have a droid ultra System version 19.6.3 obake_verizon ,Android version 4.4,
Baseband version: msm8960pro,
Kernel version: 3.4.42-ge1d6506-00006-g9ddacc8,
Build number: SU2-3.3
I have never rooted a phone before but have always wanted to. I understand from another thread that if you are updated to 4.4.4 there is nothing you can do. It can't be rooted. I have been receiving that annoying system update reminder message for several days now, but today it has gotten so bad I keep receiving the reminder every few minutes. I don't want to update because I want to root it but also because the last phone I had (droid RAZR HD) once it updated to KitKat, many of my apps began to crash.
So I guess first of all I want to know if it is possible to root this phone and secondly, can I do it remotely? I am not near my PC because I am a truck driver and my PC is 200 miles away. But I do have an app that I can remotely control my PC from. Also to my disadvantage, I am not very familiar with command line prompts or ADB. It would probably be easier for me to use an ADB that has a GUI like qtADB. But it would need to have the functionality of that wireless ADB I heard about in another thread. Anyhow, I'm just rambling but any help will be much appreciated. Thank you guys

teerout
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRexombo View Post
Hey guys, I have a droid ultra System version 19.6.3 obake_verizon ,Android version 4.4,
Baseband version: msm8960pro,
Kernel version: 3.4.42-ge1d6506-00006-g9ddacc8,
Build number: SU2-3.3
I have never rooted a phone before but have always wanted to. I understand from another thread that if you are updated to 4.4.4 there is nothing you can do. It can't be rooted. I have been receiving that annoying system update reminder message for several days now, but today it has gotten so bad I keep receiving the reminder every few minutes. I don't want to update because I want to root it but also because the last phone I had (droid RAZR HD) once it updated to KitKat, many of my apps began to crash.
So I guess first of all I want to know if it is possible to root this phone and secondly, can I do it remotely? I am not near my PC because I am a truck driver and my PC is 200 miles away. But I do have an app that I can remotely control my PC from. Also to my disadvantage, I am not very familiar with command line prompts or ADB. It would probably be easier for me to use an ADB that has a GUI like qtADB. But it would need to have the functionality of that wireless ADB I heard about in another thread. Anyhow, I'm just rambling but any help will be much appreciated. Thank you guys
if the app your using to remote in to your home PC is through your phone, your not going to be able run the proper steps. ADB may be scary running commands in cmd prompt, but its fairly simple (easier than algebra?). if your looking here, you can probably do it. you;ll have to pick up all the jargon along the way.
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
-Old engine builder from Buffalo