So I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to the Droid Mini with Verizon. Thankfully the onscreen keyboard is far superior to my Droid 4.
It is currently unhacked, rooted, etc...All stock, aside from the handful of apps I installed for regular use.
1. my D4 I could freely turn the GPS/Location off/on with the power bar. Turning it back on just sent it right back into working operation. On my Mini it will not let me turn it off completely with the power bar, instead I am forced to go into settings and disable it. That then prompts warnings about how the world will blow up if my phone doesnt know my location. I am then prompted to agree to the notices every time I re-enable GPS/Location. Is there any way to make it behave "silently" like on my D4?
2. Sync and data seems "spotty". The Mini will show full 4g connection, but apps will not sync or update like they would on my D4. Gmail, G-Voice, Facebook, etc. I have to go in and manually update them or I will recieve notifications hours afterwards, and usually all at once. Even browsing Facebook via the browser is spotty. Is there some way to force these things to stay up to date like on my D4? Texting with g-voice and FB worked nearly instantly on the D4. I'm assuming there is some sort of data and battery preservation going on that might need disabled? I do notice that when I drag the menu down from the top it shows my "4g" in Orange, not sure what that means?
3. Chrome browser doesnt seem "touch-friendly". I preferred using the android browser on my D4, and it had the touch menu that would pop up from the sides and allow me to easily move around the web. Chrome seems to browse the web much much bettter, but lacking those touch controls is annoying.
4. The camera app is lacking in options that my D4 had, is an aftermarket camera app my only option?
5. I had an app on my D4 that is apparently no longer available. Is it possible to save it from the D4 and then install it on the Mini?
6. FoxFi wifi no longer works, but it seems to be a known issue at this point.
Overall I'm very happy with the Droid Mini, great performance. I wish it had an SD slot, but otherwise quite happy!