Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP][ROOT] LED Control - for Motorola Devices (NOW SUPPORTS DROID ULTRA!)-OPENSOURCE

1st March 2015, 12:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liberty City
Thanks Meter: 150

483 posts
More
Hey people!
UPDATE: Now supports Droid MAXX, Droid Ultra and possibly more Motorola devices
Go ahead and give it a try!

To the world, I proudly present my first ever Android app
LED Control Banner
LED Control

So what does it do?
Lets the user select kernel specific "charging triggers" for the device's LED which will make it light up when plugged in depending on the specific "charging triggers"

Why this app?
Well all of these triggers can be set from the command line, but I found it to be very cumbersome and tedious. Motivated by my laziness, I created this app. Although it was intended for the Moto G, I discovered that it would also work on Moto X, E and Nexus 6 too, theoretically on any device which has a "charging" LED.
Features:
  • Clean and simple UI (I have tried my best to make it Material Design compliant)
  • Brightness Slider: Control your 'charging' LED's brightness while charging, if your device supports it. Currently works only on Moto X and Nexus 6.
  • Set On Boot [PRO only] : Automatically sets the last chosen trigger on a reboot, since the values are reset each time the kernel restarts. Available in Pro version only.
  • Available triggers: (You may not see all in your device)
    • While Charging
    • While Charging through Adapter
    • Battery Full
    • While Charging or Battery Full
    • While Charging (Blnking) or Battery Full
    • While connected to USB
    • When Display is on
    • On Internal Storage I/O Activity
    • On External Storage I/O Activity
    • When flashlight (rear LED) is on NEW
    • When camera flash (rear LED) is on NEW
    • When Bluetooth is enabled NEW
    • Always on NEW
* ROOT ACCESS IS REQUIRED *
Instructions:
  1. Grant Root access on first run
  2. Enable the Master Switch
  3. Select a trigger and optionally choose brightness.
  4. Plug in your charger and see the magic

There are different triggers for different devices, so try experimenting

Screenshots: (from Pro Version) (Screenshots are outdated; will update soon)

NOTE:
  1. This will 'enable' the hidden LED on your Moto X/Nexus 6. This app cannot set it to be used for notifications; it can only use it as a charging indicator.
  2. The Brightness slider will not work on devices where there's a kernel limitation on setting the brightness- specifically the Moto G and Moto E.
  3. Moto G and Moto X in this whole post refer to 2013 models only, I have not tested on 2014 models.
  4. The app is tested and confirmed working on Nexus 6, Moto G, E, X and Droid Ultra/MAXX. However, it may also work on a Motorola phone other than the above, so give it a try, can't hurt
Downloads:
P.S: Since I'm utterly new to Android/Java programming this app took me several hours spanned over several weeks to build. But it was an awesome experience and I had a heck of a time coding it.
I look forward to making more apps in 2015.
Reporting Compatibility: If this app works on your device, and its not among the ones mentioned above, please reply to this thread with your device's details or send me a PM.

Source: This app is open source too! Grab it on Github here. Feel free to take a look and suggest fixes to imperfections, if any.

WARNING
This app has the potential of blocking your notification LED if you use a Moto G/ Moto E (a separate LED blinks just beside the dedicated charging LED but you might not notice it).
Please be aware that I (KDB223), nor XDA nor anyone but you yourself are responsible for the consequences of you missing an important notification due to this app.

Credits :
24th March 2015, 11:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
notification led
I have Motorola droid maxx (xt1080) device running android 4.4.4. I purchased this second hand device few days ago in karachi. Its led notification is not working. Some sites says that this set does not have led notification led and some sites say that it do have a notification light. I have gone through the manual of this phone and found that this phone does have a notification led that works in low battery.
Does after rooting this device and installing the above program will switch the notification light on? And is there any way to root android 4.4.4 version?
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread