Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 49,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q&A/T For [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X

Tip us?
 
Aaahh
Old
#41  
Aaahh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 836
Posts: 1,085
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ksy View Post
did you checked this test on stock?
Yes using googles tester(can't remember what it was called)
 
m.ksy
Old
#42  
m.ksy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 998
Posts: 564
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rivne, Ukraine

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaahh View Post
Yes using googles tester(can't remember what it was called)
checked right now: 12 video and 15 audio codecs supported. I need more concrete information and less empty words
CM11 for Droid X: MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive

 
The Following User Says Thank You to m.ksy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Aaahh
Old
#43  
Aaahh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 836
Posts: 1,085
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ksy View Post
checked right now: 12 video and 15 audio codecs supported. I need more concrete information and less empty words
Really? When I tried to use Google's tester they all failed... I'm sorry but I decommissioned my dx..
The Following User Says Thank You to Aaahh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Chris R
Old
(Last edited by Chris R; 2nd September 2014 at 11:01 PM.) Reason: Clarification of what I had done in preparation for building before posting to this forum
#44  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Building CM11 for Droid-X from Source

I am attempting to build this unoffical CM11 for Droid-X but am stuck at the lunch step. cm_shadow-userdebug doesn't seem to be available. When I specify "lunch cm_shadow-userdebug" on the commandline it says "Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?"

I followed the "Getting Started" steps in github.com/MotoDX-CM11/android to obtain the source code, then looked for build instructions. I have gone through the pages on building CM for Droid-X, but they really target CM-7.

I am building on Ubuntu 12.04, and have apt-get installed the required features from build instruction pages on wiki.cyanogenmod.org and source.android.com. However, I wasn't able to install phablet-tools.

A little further guidance on getting started building this would be very much appreciated.
 
Oggie7797
Old
#45  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 285
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jordan, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
I am attempting to build this unoffical CM11 for Droid-X but am stuck at the lunch step. cm_shadow-userdebug doesn't seem to be available. When I specify "lunch cm_shadow-userdebug" on the commandline it says "Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?"

I followed the "Getting Started" steps in github.com/MotoDX-CM11/android to obtain the source code, then looked for build instructions. I have gone through the pages on building CM for Droid-X, but they really target CM-7.

I am building on Ubuntu 12.04, and have apt-get installed the required features from build instruction pages on wiki.cyanogenmod.org and source.android.com. However, I wasn't able to install phablet-tools.

A little further guidance on getting started building this would be very much appreciated.
Idk about your setup and I haven't tried to build for DX but try . build/envsetup.sh && brunch (idk if you need to say shadow or cm_shadow or the local_manifest or what but usually its the device codename)
Or try
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch (whatever goes here) time make bacon -j (j indicates how many cores which by default I think is 2...)

That's what I use to initialize builds on Ubuntu 14...check if you're running jdk 6+ because you're building kk not ICS or GB lol in terminal type java version

This may be irrelevant here but just trying to help...why are you trying to build cm11? Why not just flash m.ksy's build? Or are you attempting a kang?

Sent from my Paranoid Bionic
The Following User Says Thank You to Oggie7797 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Chris R
Old
#46  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggie7797 View Post
This may be irrelevant here but just trying to help...why are you trying to build cm11? Why not just flash m.ksy's build? Or are you attempting a kang?
I want to put KitKat on my DM3730 platform that is not a phone. (The DM3730 is quite similar to the OMAP3630 in the Droid-X). Building this looks to me like an ideal first step.
Tags
cm11, droid x, mb810, sd_shadow, twrp
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes