Q&A/T For [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X

10,123 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,192

By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 24th July 2014, 06:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th December 2015, 09:39 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi guys Ive decided to try this rom but cant find a good link to download the Framaroot.apk file? All the links Ive found are bad even the youtube vid about this file has been deleted? When I try the link here I get "Restricted Content"? Can someone post a link to this apk file? Also Ive read sooo many pages of info on this rom's install but Iam wondering if there is a link the the most up to date how to install this on my Droid X? Thanks
Last edited by Merlin11; 13th December 2015 at 09:42 PM.

13th December 2015, 10:10 PM |#202  
Flag Jordan, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 638

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin11

Hi guys Ive decided to try this rom but cant find a good link to download the Framaroot.apk file? All the links Ive found are bad even the youtube vid about this file has been deleted? When I try the link here I get "Restricted Content"? Can someone post a link to this apk file? Also Ive read sooo many pages of info on this rom's install but Iam wondering if there is a link the the most up to date how to install this on my Droid X? Thanks

@sd_shadow
13th December 2015, 11:05 PM |#203  

More
I already have my ph rooted a bootstrap loader and super user installed. Do I still need to use Framaroot.apk?
13th December 2015, 11:40 PM |#204  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 4,192

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin11

I already have my ph rooted a bootstrap loader and super user installed. Do I still need to use Framaroot.apk?

only need to root once.
23rd December 2015, 04:46 PM |#205  

More
Do you guys have any plans to do a repo sync/update to bring the Droid X version of CM11 in line with the last official version of CM11 released by Cyanogen?
23rd December 2015, 06:40 PM |#206  
Flag Jordan, Arkansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelis1

Do you guys have any plans to do a repo sync/update to bring the Droid X version of CM11 in line with the last official version of CM11 released by Cyanogen?

Probably not. There isn't many changes other than some wakelocks and stagefeight patches. Wakelocks would be nice but I doubt anybody has cm11 repo on their computers anymore and as far stagefeight goes let's be serious, nobody is using this as a daily so no real information will be stolen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oggie7797 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2015, 05:26 PM |#207  

More
Are you guys are still working on [Lollipop] CM12 Android 5 for the Droid X?
27th December 2015, 06:34 PM |#208  
Flag Jordan, Arkansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelis1

Are you guys are still working on [Lollipop] CM12 Android 5 for the Droid X?

Sadly no. Quarx stopped on the defy and m.ksy disappeared and I have no real experience bringing up a device tree for a new android version. I always use existing device trees for my builds that require basic tweaking to compile on different ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oggie7797 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2015, 10:02 PM |#209  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggie7797

Sadly no. Quarx stopped on the defy and m.ksy disappeared and I have no real experience bringing up a device tree for a new android version. I always use existing device trees for my builds that require basic tweaking to compile on different ROMs.

Thanks for the reply. I have also received confirmation from m.ksy via private message that CM12 development for the Droid X is dead.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, droid x, mb810, sd_shadow, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)