[Troubleshooting/Solved] ClockworkMod recovery 5.5.0.4 from Koush

Are you having trouble with the latest CWM recovery v5.5.0.4 [B]from Koush[/B]?

• Total voters
Search This thread

khivang92

May 8, 2012
can someone show me how to fix my problem ? I installed cwm 5.5.0.4 to my asus tf101. Now it has the "bootloop" error and I cant coldboot into my rom T.T

Thanks a lot.

CarlHutson

May 7, 2012
yesterdaysgone.pforum.biz
probz in germany

i posted this prob on a big german android help homepage but it looks like noone can answer my questions. Please be kind to me, as im trying to wirte this problem "understandable" in english.

I really dont know how or where to start but what i can tell is: I flashed a CWM Update with Rom Manager and got stuck for a while, caus i didnt had the time to sit down and take some time to fix / search the net for this prob.

i think ill post an overview of what i know, what i CAN do and NOT :(
1st : I´ve got an ASUS Transformer TF101G - BA0KA . installed random Custom Roms all over the last months to test and find the best that fits me. Latest i was trying to take the CM9 nightlies and the last i updated was a nightly from the beginning of april (or so)...

#1- I CANT get into CWM anymore (dunno why) but i think its cause of an update error through ROM Manager. There was a popup with something that called "successful" though...

#2- I can cold boot into Android, but.... WHY EVER, i ****ing dont get it... i cant get any acces to my transformer, when i plug in usb cable...

#3- i cant start anything with ADB, because this . usb debug mode wont start, cause of #2-prob...

#4- booting into bootloader (volume down +POWER and wait) - and wipe... doesnt take effect..

#5 using those commands i found in the terminal .... doesnt take effect:
echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
as well as those other comand... i cannot find right now... dont know where i found them, but i think they made the same ....

only thing is: with those commands: i can use the reboot command, and it successfull reboots, with loading androird directly after bootloader....
I was happy when this worked, but then i tried to get into CWM and PADOWWZ ---> same prob again...

#6 - APX Mode WORKS! i tried it and even installed the driver package form this stupid rootkit tool (sorry mate) , wich doesnt work for my TF101(G!!!!!) dafuq...

#7 i would have posted a pic of my "stuck screen" when i try to start CWM, but i am not allowed under 8 posts in this forum :(

i hope SOMEONE can help me....:(

eniac0

Feb 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
from the look of it, it seems you could use the solution i posted just a few posts above this one. if you can cold boot, that is all you need (and a micro sd card)

i was stuck in the boot loop, with no adb access from recovery.

use terminal emulator to push the rom into staging, then reboot. if you use the links i provided, it will reflash your recovery with roach2010's cwm 3.2.0.1 which is functional. from that point, you should have a "sane" system and be able to adb and do what you wish to do.

i can only vouch for the WW version, that is, my own TF. i don't know if i have a B80, B90 or BWhatever, i don't know where to read that info.

but the bottom line is: if you can cold boot, use terminal emulator to push roms to staging.

(edit)
i just re-read your post, you mention that the command of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0 doesn't work. how did you do it? to me, it made a different if i exited or not prior to reboot. for mine to work, from terminal i typed reboot right after the mmcblk0p3 command.

if this command does get you rid of the bootloop, don't go into cwm yet! just reboot and let android boot normally. THEN use terminal to push roach's 3.2.0.1 recovery into staging (see my post a couple 4-5 posts before this). once you pushed into staging, you should be good to go. do try my steps one by one.

thats all i can do to help.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlHutson

CarlHutson

May 7, 2012
i just re-read your post, you mention that the command of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0 doesn't work. how did you do it? to me, it made a different if i exited or not prior to reboot. for mine to work, from terminal i typed reboot right after the mmcblk0p3 command.

if this command does get you rid of the bootloop, don't go into cwm yet! just reboot and let android boot normally. THEN use terminal to push roach's 3.2.0.1 recovery into staging (see my post a couple 4-5 posts before this). once you pushed into staging, you should be good to go. do try my steps one by one.

could u please explain me this command line in detail?!!?
4. from terminal, i used your command "dd if=/Removable/MicroSD/roach3201/recoveryblob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
i would really like to use the fixed 5.5.0.4CWM from roach of of his thread.

is this red marked position the zip file?! does terminal open it just as a folder, or what? "Removable/MicroSD/roach3201/recoveryblob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4"

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

could u please explain me this command line in detail?!!?
4. from terminal, i used your command "dd if=/Removable/MicroSD/roach3201/recoveryblob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
i would really like to use the fixed 5.5.0.4CWM from roach of of his thread.

is this red marked position the zip file?! does terminal open it just as a folder, or what? "Removable/MicroSD/roach3201/recoveryblob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4"

so would it be possible to replace that line with the new zip file - foldeR:
"dd if=/Removable/MicroSD/cwm_recovery-5504_roach-tf101-r2/recoveryblob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4"

eniac0

Feb 4, 2010
You totally saved my bony ass @gee one

for those in my situation that are still stuck.

1. I've re-run the terminal command to re-write the boot recovery flag (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24559092&postcount=6)
2. reboot from terminal (without exit)
3. put this recovery on my microsd: http://goo.gl/RpVJ8
4. from terminal, i used your command "dd if=/Removable/MicroSD/roach3201/recoveryblob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4"
5. reboot from terminal (without exit)
6. (let the tab boot as usual to test there is no bootloop)
7. reboot again and enter recovery (pwr + vol down), then vol up.
8. tada! Roach's recovery 3201, as a proof that old and bad cwm is gone.

ok, im going to reply to my own post so we can have all the steps listed.

step #1 resets the boot recovery flag to 0 (fixes the bootloop). once you ran that in terminal, from your TF. type "reboot". normally, your TF will boot normally (not go in recovery)

the reason i chose to install roach's 3.2.0.1 is because it can mount the micro sd, whereas 5.5.0.4 can only mount the internal sd, but also because my goal was to install something that is proven to be stable.. 3.2.0.1 has been around for some time and roach himself still uses it, so its safe. the goal here is to get your recovery partition into something usable. you can chose the fixed 5.5.0.4 if you wish, but i really cannot say if it will install properly or not (because i haven't tried it). but like gee one said, whatever you choose, choose a rom that has only a recovery partition in it.

step #4 describes the exact line to use from terminal to copy the rom to the staging partition. on my micro sd, i had created a folder called "roach3201" in the root of the microsd and placed the blob called "recoveryblob" in it. the blob itself is in the zip file that you can download from the url of step #3. the "mmcblk0p4" part is the path to the staging, you can leave that as is.

Reactions: CarlHutson

CarlHutson

May 7, 2012
eniac0
"ITS WORKING!! ITS ****ING WOOORKIIIING!!"
even if you just copy pasted something, that was written by another guy.
YOU ARE MY HERO! if u got a life in any game like bf3 or something, feel free to contact me: vR4w

eniac0

Feb 4, 2010
good stuff, glad we sorted it out. in my experience, with this sort of problem, the real difficulty is finding the right version of the right file and doing things in the right order. sometimes its a small detail we missed.

personally ivve decided to revert to stock because i was greatly annoyed by this and realized that i dont really do anything that requires root at the moment.

i don't really have a life in a game world, i play some rocksmith and ufc 3 on the ps3, but that largely varies on what hot games are out now.

'til next time...

DaveG46

May 4, 2012
Hi,

Right after reading through all the posts on this thread I think I've actually managed to get my transformer working again, big thank you to everyone.

Just want to ask something though, is it just a case of installing the stock asus firmware to go back to the original setting?

itimees

Jul 4, 2012
Solution to help totally screwed TF101G with CWM 5.5.0.4 - Discovered today! Go into CWM, PC discovers "Transformer" device. I found in somewhere "1-Click Transformer Root_1.1" software. Find, download and unzip. Search manually driver in these folders, inc subfolders. Founds ADB bla bla bla driver... I copied folder "Source" to C:\ and started CMD in Start menu. Go to "Source with CMD. Write "adb start-server" "adb devices" and you could see device 12345.....! I tested command "adb pull /sdcard/ c:\ (or other order, but was smth like that). Old backup files was in C:\ like clockworkmod! And download .zip with full rom and do that:"adb push c:\myromwhateveritnameis.zip /sdcard/" and with CWM install .zip!
This techique worked on my 3 months bricked TF101G today, that's why I registered today here and shared experience. And you do not have to replace your 5.5.0.4, because it is working solution. If you need ask smth about my method, write to my e-mail viljarlaansoo @ hot . ee

ifama

Jan 25, 2011
this was it, was stuck within the CWM loop and your hint fixed it. typed it within the terminal emulator.

thnx mate

r3a

Mar 15, 2010
Hi guys, I have a Probelm with Clockwerk Moon Recovery V5.8.1.8m

I wanted my Transformer (S / N 80) root again because I had him at Asus in repair, I'm so proceed:

- "1-Click Root Transformer" for root
- "1-Click Root Transformer" for CWM
- "Super Wipe" started for "Android_Revolution_HD-EeePad_3.4.3_3G"
- CWM update to "Clockwerk Moon Recovery V5.8.1.8m"

Since nothing works, CWM only recognizes the internal memory and I get no connection with ADB.

adb does not work, I already tried everything

I hope you can help me.

sorry for my english :)

zmencicek

Jan 1, 2009
Hi, I have this bootloop problem,

I have Transformer TF101
I can boot into recovery.
If i flash any kind of STOCK rom, it boots NORMALLY.
But if i flash any CUSTOM rom, for example with my favourite cyanogenmod 10, it STUCKS at boot logo.
ICS with Cyanogenmod 9 works OK. But jellyBean with 10 does not.

I have tried every help i found but it is still soft bricked.

I think the problem began with Super Wipe script from this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1245892

EDIT: SOLVED
solved by adb commands through recovery

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
/ $ su
su
/ # mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system
/ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3: write error: No space left on device
4097+0 records in
4096+0 records out
2097152 bytes transferred in 0.641 secs (3271687 bytes/sec)
/ # dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0

Last edited:

abhi445

Jan 14, 2014
Cannot do anything in cwm recovery only i can reboot :(

I Installed cwm recovery today... tried to flash a custom rom 2-3 times
but nothing happens. i have attached an image of the recovery when it starts it had an error-mics not found E...... something like that the error is in the attachment kindly find whats the problem and give a solution of it............. looking forward for the solution... :)
What's this in clockworkmod?
E:can't find misc
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:can't mount/cache/recovery/log
E:can't open/cache/recovery/log
E:can't mount/cache/recovery/last_log
E:can't opent/cache/recovery/last_log
E:can't find mics
PLease help me clockwork is doing nothing no restore no backup no wipe dalvik cache and no flashing it only says successfully installed need to reboot but after rebooting nothing happens #HELP

Attachments

• DSC_9557.jpg
    DSC_9557.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

vergil250493

Mar 13, 2015
I Installed cwm recovery today... tried to flash a custom rom 2-3 times
but nothing happens. i have attached an image of the recovery when it starts it had an error-mics not found E...... something like that the error is in the attachment kindly find whats the problem and give a solution of it............. looking forward for the solution... :)
What's this in clockworkmod?
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:can't mount/cache/recovery/log
E:can't open/cache/recovery/log
E:can't mount/cache/recovery/last_log
E:can't opent/cache/recovery/last_log
E:can't find mics
PLease help me clockwork is doing nothing no restore no backup no wipe dalvik cache and no flashing it only says successfully installed need to reboot but after rebooting nothing happens #HELP

I am the same side bro my Tablet Phasser Kinno Pluss PC-709 i installed the CWM and not it's just boot into CWM the Bottom Volume not working to navigate the only thing i can do is reboot, my phone is working ADB but i can't get into flashmode it's kinda freeze when i try. any command to remove this CWM by shell command to ADB ?

CMPATIL

May 5, 2015
Karnprayag
iQOO 7
error while restoring cwm recovery backup

Hello guys i am using my sony xperia E3dual (D2212) rooted phone, after long time i am unable to restore my cwm backup today :confused:
I m unable to restore my cwm backup file from sd card..i think something wrong with my recovery, it's not even able to clear system and data. ..any help guys check my screen shot attachment here :rolleyes: I tried to restore my earlier backup to restore and advance restore options, everything restoring except system :confused: when i was restoring it normally from cwm based recovery it failed to match MD5 checksum match so i removed that Md5 checksum file from backup. And once it restored my backup in this process .but this time it fail to restore system file. I tried so many time already. .now what should i do?
1 : flash again same recovery from from flashtool and then restore my old backup again .or i have to reflash full rom for my phone??? :confused:

Attachments

• IMG-20160510-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20160510-WA0009.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20160510-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20160510-WA0008.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20160510-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20160510-WA0010.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A few days ago Koush published his new CWM recovery v.5.5.0.4 for TF101.
    Many (most?) of those who flashed it are experiencing trouble booting normally:
    the device goes straight into CWM recovery unless you cold-boot by holding the Vol(-) key at boot time.

This thread is meant to support those who are in this situation.
    Also, this thread is to warn others not to flash CWM 5.5.0.4 for the time being.
    Also, also, this thread is to gather information that will help devs to fix our problem.

Note:
    The previous thread found here got locked (I was told) because of FUD and general lack of clarity.
    Please keep it clean and flame-free.

If you are new to Android and TF101, please refer to good guides such as this one:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494230
    You can save yourself from much trouble by educating yourself a little.

UPDATE:
    If you have 5.5.0.4 installed and have not used any apps for booting into recovery you likely don't have the problem described above.
    We now have two reports of being able to successfully flash an alternate recovery and escape 5.5.0.4
    See posts #3 and #67.

UPDATE2:
    See post #3 for continuing contributions from @gee one (thanks!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23257966&postcount=3

UPDATE3:
    There is some progress. More testing to be done ...
    Money post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23301594&postcount=105

UPDATE4:
    We have a solution courtesy of @gee one and @leetlikeawping and the fearless tester @trtk.

This solution does NOT involve NVFlash or has anything to do with the boodloader, so it should apply to all SBK versions (and SN's).
    There are comments from people with B70 and B80 (as well as below) reporting success.

The repair can be done in several ways. I have tested the scenario of when you cannot cold-boot into the system, but have a correctly set-up adb access.
    while booted into CWM 5.5.0.4 ...
    step 1: use adb to push a good recovery [I used Rogue XM v1.3.0 (CWM-based v5.0.2.7)]***
    step 2: flash the zip
    step 3: use the adb shell to execute the following command
    Code:
    *** Do not flash stock recovery. There is no good reason to do it (stock recoveries are generally pretty useless) and you are flirting with trouble if there are signature checks that your custom components might fail. Use trusted custom recoveries

(If you entered the shell, don't forget to exit at the end.)

Now you should "Reboot system".

When rebooting, you will notice the ASUS splash screen with a blue progress line. This indicates that the /staging partition got picked up and is being processed (i.e. your payload is being flashed to the recovery partition).

When you next boot into recovery, you should NOT see the 5.5.0.4 screen.
    Continue by flashing your ROM if you need to.

Word of the day: teamwork. Peace!

UPDATE 5: Roach2010 published a fixed version of CWM v5.5.0.4
    You may find it here. You still need to clear the boot-recovery flag by following the procedure described above or using the command line, as explained by Roach2010 here.
    I'm not sure what that partition is, but it might be as simple as something like echo boot | dd etc... or whatever the correct boot flag is. Not sure if it has to be done in the rom or the recovery, but it seems this would reset the command?

Edit: just tried it from the rom of my un-borked tf and now I have recovery bootloops. Will try a cold boot and clear.
    sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision

Edit: from terminal, I typed
    su
    Reboot

And it rebooted to the rom...

It might require more testing- I wasn't using the bad cwm version, but it seems promising. I'm not sure if there will be other worse effects, like no access to recovery!
    I'm not sure what that partition is, but it might be as simple as something like echo boot | dd etc... or whatever the correct boot flag is. Not sure if it has to be done in the rom or the recovery, but it seems this would reset the command?

Edit: just tried it from the rom of my un-borked tf and now I have recovery bootloops. Will try a cold boot and clear.
    sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision

Edit: from terminal, I typed
    su
    Reboot

And it rebooted to the rom...

It might require more testing- I wasn't using the bad cwm version, but it seems promising. I'm not sure if there will be other worse effects, like no access to recovery!

my solution

in bad recovery install another cwm
    then coldboot to android
    then use terminal with this command:

su
    Reboot

it will flash the new recovery, and no more problem, thanks
    no more problem with the reboot2rcovery too
    if you can boot into your rom via coldboot :

1 - download a new cwm from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1446019 , put the .zip in your INTERNAL memory (5.5.0.4 cant read external sd)

2 - go play store , download and install , terminal emulator.
    if you cant via wifi , download here : http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/android-terminal-emulator#download , put in your sdcard and install it.

3 - reboot into your bad 5.5.0.4 cwm , install the new cwm through : install zip from sdcard , choose zip from ...

4 - once installed , dont press reboot system now , make a cold boot directly

5 - once you've booted your rom , run terminal emulator.
    type : su (if superuser appp ask to you , allow). will give you a #
    type : echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
    type : exit
    type : reboot

your tf restart without cwm loop , and you will see a progress bar installing the new cwm .
    Now you can install any new rom from your sdcard usually through cwm.
    I flashed both ways and got stuck not being able to flash using the staging partition, which is the typical way to reflash recovery. So if you flash this, there is no way to unflash it. I think it also uses a different sdcard mount, so it makes it a little tougher to get a fresh zip to flash onto there.

When it's working normally, cwm will flash to the staging partition on reboot. When it's recovery bootlooping, the flash to staging will be skipped, which makes it difficult to flash a new recovery. I looked at the init.rc files and noted that the cwm 5.5.04 version doesn't even touch the staging partition, so it will be ignored completely.

I did have success reflashing a full rom- EBT, LNX, SOS, and APP or bootloader, boot.img, recovery, and system. This might work for others too, although I never had a problem of always booting into recovery. If it boots into recovery after flashing a full rom, then it might not work since we'll be stuck with the same init.rc.

I don't know all the inner workings of what happens at the boot process, so does anyone have any ideas about what is causing this.

Some things I found out:

to mount the internal sdcard so that you can push a new rom- use adb shell
    mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /data/
    ls /sdcard/
    exit

then from your pc, type:
    adb push /path/to/your/rom.zip /data/media

There are other ways too- I think cwm will mount data when you try to flash a zip from the sdcard.

Here's the init.rc's

part of 92111 stock recovery init.rc
    Code:
    on early-init
        start ueventd

on init
        export PATH /sbin
        export ANDROID_ROOT /system
        export ANDROID_DATA /data
        export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /sdcard

symlink /system/etc /etc

mkdir /sdcard
        mkdir /staging
        mkdir /system
        mkdir /data
        mkdir /cache
        mkdir /btmac
        mount /tmp /tmp tmpfs

mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system wait
      #  mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system ro remount
        mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /cache wait nosuid nodev
        chown system cache /cache
        chmod 0770 /cache
        mount ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /staging wait nosuid nodev
        chown system staging /staging
        chmod 0770 /staging
        mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /data wait nosuid nodev
        chown system system /data
        chmod 0771 /data

part of cwm init.rc
    Code:
    on early-init
        start ueventd

on init
        export PATH /sbin
        export ANDROID_ROOT /system
        export ANDROID_DATA /data
        export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /sdcard

symlink /system/etc /etc

mkdir /sdcard
        mkdir /staging
        mkdir /system
        mkdir /data
        mkdir /cache
        mount /tmp /tmp tmpfs

mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /cache wait nosuid nodev
        chown system cache /cache
        chmod 0770 /cache

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Does mounting and clearing/formatting cache do anything for anyone stuck in the recovery loop?

I thought this issue popped up before too- are we reinventing fire?