FORUMS

[solution] Open com port failure/other problems

121 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By dhirajranger, Senior Member on 15th March 2015, 07:35 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
so i was getting lots of request about com port failure regarding my thread on un-bricking, suddenly lots of people want to install stock India rom for kitkat update
so i thought lets put all problems people are facing in one thread

USE only XP 32 bit or win 7 32 bit OS nothing else works.
After installing drivers plug the phone and wait for drivers to install and note the com ports

Prob) gnqc download doesn't works gives error "application failed to start"
sol) install VC++ 2005 redistributeble SP1 ATL security upgrade

Prob) receive incorrect parameter error.
sol) you are using Chinese flash tool so make sure your copy of windows supports Chinese change local settings in control panel or use English version

Prob) error in gnqc bp_image file doesn't exist
sol) make sure your stock rom is Indian version and does not have Chinese characters

Prob) open com port failure
sol) check if your com ports are used by any other app if not it means com port drivers are not installed for your phone all you have to do is to reboot the phone while still plugged in and it will install another set of drivers
Last edited by dhirajranger; 15th March 2015 at 07:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhirajranger For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th March 2015, 04:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
will it work with windows 8.1 64 bit running windowx xp sp1 in virtual box
16th March 2015, 07:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkargarg

will it work with windows 8.1 64 bit running windowx xp sp1 in virtual box

No and to everyone trying to do that in virtual box let this be a fair warning the reason is during flashing your phone will switch off/restart that will cause the USB to unplug from virtual machine it will be equivalent to removing USB while flashing and result in bricked phone. though it may work in emergency mode but don't try unless someone who has done it confirms or you have no other option left

PS : if you are on win 8.1 x64 I suggest you to install win7 32 bit on a completely different hard drive because chances are you have an EFI system and your hdd is under gpt so installing 32bit os on that hdd will not be possible
11th May 2015, 02:33 AM |#4  
Flag heraklion
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajranger

so i was getting lots of request about com port failure regarding my thread on un-bricking, suddenly lots of people want to install stock India rom for kitkat update
so i thought lets put all problems people are facing in one thread

USE only XP 32 bit or win 7 32 bit OS nothing else works.
After installing drivers plug the phone and wait for drivers to install and note the com ports

Prob) gnqc download doesn't works gives error "application failed to start"
sol) install VC++ 2005 redistributeble SP1 ATL security upgrade

Prob) receive incorrect parameter error.
sol) you are using Chinese flash tool so make sure your copy of windows supports Chinese change local settings in control panel or use English version

Prob) error in gnqc bp_image file doesn't exist
sol) make sure your stock rom is Indian version and does not have Chinese characters

Prob) open com port failure
sol) check if your com ports are used by any other app if not it means com port drivers are not installed for your phone all you have to do is to reboot the phone while still plugged in and it will install another set of drivers

Plz help I am doing everything you say but my device is shown as "unknown device " still facing the open Com port fails problem.. I installed win 7x32 but still the same. ..
Nevermind I fixed it using the new update
Thanks BTW
Last edited by stathis1286; 16th May 2015 at 03:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stathis1286 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)