Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cwm6 bootable kernel?

Tip us?
 
Icetech3
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 237
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Default cwm6 bootable kernel?

Is there a direct to cwm6 bootable rom? right now i have been flashing el26 oneclick or el29.. then flashing a rom with a newer cwm6 just to get upto cwm6.. thanks..
 
IamFlynn
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 333
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetech3 View Post
Is there a direct to cwm6 bootable rom? right now i have been flashing el26 oneclick or el29.. then flashing a rom with a newer cwm6 just to get upto cwm6.. thanks..
You can just flash the Blasmephy kernel. It has built in CWM6 recovery. No more flashing custom roms that have cwm6.
Here's a link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2416620
 
Icetech3
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 237
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamFlynn View Post
You can just flash the Blasmephy kernel. It has built in CWM6 recovery. No more flashing custom roms that have cwm6.
Here's a link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2416620

Thanks flynn.. looks like its moot anyway.. my phone is now rebooting and shutting off by itself no matter what rom.. even stock looks like it may be the end of me and et4g..
 
Surj138
Old
(Last edited by Surj138; 28th August 2014 at 01:03 AM.)
#4  
Surj138's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 299
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetech3 View Post
Thanks flynn.. looks like its moot anyway.. my phone is now rebooting and shutting off by itself no matter what rom.. even stock looks like it may be the end of me and et4g..
Make sure your battery isn't dead and bloated. I had the same issue a while back... It was just the battery

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
 
Icetech3
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 237
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surj138 View Post
Make sure your battery isn't dead and bloated. I had the same issue a while back... It was just the battery

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
naw. battery is about 3 months old.. real samsung no bloat. i had bought a generic and man that was a mistake.. but yeah for the last like 4 days its been random rebooting and stuff.. so i figured it was the rom. total wipe. to stock rom and still did it. set up cm11 4.4.4 and it rebooted a few teims but now i just used it for hours on my bike ride streaming audio and doing GPS.. and not one issue. so i dont know wtf.. gonna keep running it til it dies
The Following User Says Thank You to Icetech3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
IamFlynn
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 333
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetech3 View Post
naw. battery is about 3 months old.. real samsung no bloat. i had bought a generic and man that was a mistake.. but yeah for the last like 4 days its been random rebooting and stuff.. so i figured it was the rom. total wipe. to stock rom and still did it. set up cm11 4.4.4 and it rebooted a few teims but now i just used it for hours on my bike ride streaming audio and doing GPS.. and not one issue. so i dont know wtf.. gonna keep running it til it dies
If its still endlessly rebooting, you can just flash back to stock rooted GB27 and go from there
Link if you want it: http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...Restore/Rooted


Funny story......I was on CM11 but decided I want to update to the latest CM11 so i downloaded and flashed but now I get an endless reboot too, I think its because I wiped everything on my phone using the CWM6 recovery. Now I'm in a endless reboot and my phones useless now because the USB port isn't working so I can't odin back to stock. Also, if I reboot to recovery, it just reboots phone.
 
Icetech3
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 237
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamFlynn View Post
If its still endlessly rebooting, you can just flash back to stock rooted GB27 and go from there
Link if you want it: http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...Restore/Rooted


Funny story......I was on CM11 but decided I want to update to the latest CM11 so i downloaded and flashed but now I get an endless reboot too, I think its because I wiped everything on my phone using the CWM6 recovery. Now I'm in a endless reboot and my phones useless now because the USB port isn't working so I can't odin back to stock. Also, if I reboot to recovery, it just reboots phone.
Not endless reboot... random. Last night i used it for hours, no issue.. today rebooted twice when i tried to starta podcast. things like that over and over. with stock and 4 non stock roms. not a big thing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more