1st September 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winchester
Thanks Meter: 208

415 posts
Donate to Me
More
Need help fixing a bootloop!
Phone was running liquidsmooth 4.2.2 and I tried flashing extreme kernel, I know its for a different android version but I've ran older roms with newer kernels before on other devices. In my head I figured if the kernel didn't work right, I could just boot back into recovery and flash my old rom again, right? Wrong! It appears the kernel was released without a recovery so the phone just loops at the sgsii screen.
I tried putting it into download mode and odin flashing a stock rom, but odin doesn't see the phone, and Samsung kies isn't helping either.
other people in the kernel thread had a similar problem but they were able to odin flash Kuban kernel and all was well so I tried downloading that kernel but every single download link is dead!
Any and all help is welcome and encouraged, as this is my girlfriends phone and if I don't fix it, I have to buy her an iPhone

UPDATE: Problem Solved!
What I did:
1. Used a different cable, then odin found my device
-setback: after hitting start on odin, it failed at setup connection
2. to fix that minor setback, I tried closing off of kies
-still wouldn't work
3. removed my sd card and tried again and it worked!!!

So in review, here's how you can go about fixing the problem for yourself ( I am just going to condense the procedure above into steps)

STEP 1: Download SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-OneClick and extract it to your desktop
STEP 2: Make sure your drivers are up to date & confirm that your usb cable works, then reboot your computer
STEP 3: Remove your phones battery and sdcard
STEP 4: Replace battery and back cover but not your sdcard, then hold home and volume down until a screen pops up
STEP 5: Open odin, with your usb plugged into the computer (but not the phone)
STEP 6: Press the volume up button on your phone, then plug it in and press start on Odin
STEP 7: Just wait a few minutes and let the phone reboot on its own, and it will boot into a rooted stock ics rom!
Last edited by jacobmacek; 1st September 2014 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Solved issue
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread