Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with build prop, apn, eri. Xml

Tip us?

godofwar762
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Help with build prop, apn, eri. Xml

I'm new to the sgs2 and I got a us cellular sgs2 I'm running blend ICS rom... And was wanting to change sprint logo and apns to us cellular bit I lack the knowledge on how to do so... Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sent from my uscc sgs2using XDA App

godofwar762
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Any body?

USCC SGS2

Karusai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default U.S. Cellular Epic 4g touch APN How To

I am doing this right now. The problem I ran into is I purchased my phone in Michigan, where 4G is now abundant and I moved to Maine where nothing is "abundant" except U.S. Cellars pain in my rear so I flashed without being near towers after my phone has lost service for months so Boost cannot find my account on their system. Not a shred! This means I have an MSL but no commands with root can tell me and neither can Boost Mobile. My ESN/EIN/MEID/MEIN was accepted on U.S. Cellular and gladly took my $90 to welcome me. However; I cannot access my ESN to open DIAG to alter APN. Oi... But granted you have root, and tower signal, and
Have obtained your MSL (typing "getprop ril.MSL" in terminal is the easiest way to find it).. all you have to do is ##3424#, click edit, enter MSL # (6 DIGIT) then proceed to enter new APN settings. Then use the list button (button with two horizontal lines and 3 sided box used for settings access on home page) to save new APN. Reboot after at least 2 minutes and in theory, you should be all set. No ROM Flashes can cure this. (YET) I want my SPH-D710BST to display U.S. Cellular boot image....

I saw a post about HTC Evo flashes working... maybe a flash with U.S. Cell stock ROM and APN can cure this? I will check if my plan fails tonight.