Prevail Epic 4G Touch Boost donor

OP hpardo11

27th August 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Falls Church
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I know that there are numerous threads on this site about using a Galaxy Prevail as a donor but everyone seems to figure it out and never end up posting how. Once their problem was solved they just mark the thread as solved or fixed and that's the end of that thread.

I've been using this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1419488 as a guide but that is for an Ingocnito which is so much easier. I've flashed a EVO 4G using Incognitos but right now all I have is a Prevail and am feeling like it is possible but I'm missing something here.

I know you're supposed to write the backed up NV Items from the donor to the new phone but you can't do that if you only have raw NV Items from using this method to get the NV Items and HA/AAA keys
Code:
command:
su
# dd if=/dev/stl5 of=/sdcard/cdma.rfs
I used this guide (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987463) to get the HA and AAA keys but I just want some clarification since the AAA key should be 12 characters (6 from the two grouped characters) but those screenshots show 14 characters. Am I wrong or something?

Finally, when using QPST Service Programming and inputting the keys are both HA and AAA entered as hex values or just as text strings?

Has anyone successfully done the Prevail as a donor? Help would be greatly appreciated.

(I'm guessing I'm going to have to just write profile 0's information and use the Update Profile on the phone to do the rest but I keep getting errors. Sometimes it shows that the username and passwords are incorrect or client authentication errors. So I'm thinking that the HA and AAA are wrong. (HA is universally 736563726574 so I think that is at least right.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread