FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

[ROM][SPH-D710][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 Official Nightly Builds

Thanks Meter: 10,587

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th May 2015, 03:02 AM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 1,596

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldierx

In my experience, 275-300MB has usually been enough to avoid insufficient space errors. I keep 350MB free in case a really large app has a problem.

write amplification soars and the emmc slows down to a crawl. you really need more space. and a trim kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th May 2015, 04:11 AM |#362  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo2k4

Is anyone else running out of space on the system partition? Currently on 20150330 nightly, ready to flash 20150510.
Right now I have 26.9MB free, out of 528MB in system partition. More and more apps are now complaining "Insufficient space on the device" during Play Store updates.
Yet I have 221MB out of 2.11GB free on the data (internal) partition for apps.
I did wipe cache and dalvik in recovery, but didn't help.
Any suggestions?

I got tired of this issue and finally decided to re-partition the phone. Works great now and I have never had any space issues since. See my thread on this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kjricker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2015, 01:08 PM |#363  
Flag Nature Coast, Florida
Thanks Meter: 85

Donate to Me
More
This is my back-up, WiFi only phone, so I dumped a bunch apps I didn't use regularly, and moved a few ro SD. Gained over 500MB free space and all IS good.
Will have a look at the repartirioning.
Thank you all for the tips.

Sent from my Mobile Communication Device
12th May 2015, 09:09 PM |#364  
Thanks Meter: 1,596

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo2k4

This is my back-up, WiFi only phone, so I dumped a bunch apps I didn't use regularly, and moved a few ro SD. Gained over 500MB free space and all IS good.
Will have a look at the repartirioning.
Thank you all for the tips.

Sent from my Mobile Communication Device

apps in sd is not good for performance or stability. look into repartitioning and adding a trim capable kernel.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread